VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back pay - so happy!!!!

Rate this topic

Navy4life

Well it is finally my turn to be happy on here!!!  I have waited for a long time to get my VICTORY and I just got the call that I had been waiting for.  My other thread "Squeaky Wheel Gets Oiled..." has been on going and great thread I started about my journey.  The DRO just called me and told me what she was granting me.  Now I need to know about calculations of back pay???

May 2013 was my initial claim.  She granted me 80% as of May 2013, however, I have had three decisions during this time.

June 2014 - 40% (IBS 30%, Tinnitus 10%, Left ankle 10%, Anemia 0%)

November 2014 - 60% (IBS 30%, Tinnitus 10%, Left ankle 10%, PTSD/MST 30%, Eating Disorder 0%)

January 2016 - 70% (IBS 30%, Tinnitus 10%, Left ankle 10%, PTSD/MST 50%, Eating Disorder 0%, 0% left ankle scar)

She is also giving me 100% temp conv. rating from January to May 2016 for my right foot surgery

She is also giving me SMC-S for January to May 2016 - How much is that?  

My total rating as of September 2016 is 90%

I was granted the following back to May 2013 by the DRO today:

Right 5th Metatarsal Fracture - 20% (Moderate/Sever)

Morton's Nueroma Left Toe - 10%

Right ankle sprain - 10%

0% for additional scars to foot and toe

Increased to 10% for left ankle scar

bi-lateral she said I was given 4.8% to round me to 90% overall

So how do I calculate this LOL

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry Navy4life

I can't count that high!!!:wink:

We have the VA calculator here and also somewhere the yearly amounts of percentages and SMC amounts and dependents amounts.

Yes it should be a Tidy Sum. WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!

Navy4Life -----You Never gave up and this will encourage many here who are still waiting.

They might have done a Fenderson Rating....staged ratings....but one more way they could make errors on that too.

You will know more when the award letter comes and it pays to read it carefully, put it away for a while, then re-read it a few more times.

We have had quite a few successes lately (this often seems to happen every fall) and I need to do my FU VA dance for all of you who have succeeded lately( the one I always have done with my award letters, dancing and shoving it at my PC desk photo of my RO....and singing F---...well you catch the drift.... he he.

Relax and Enjoy first though, before you check the award letter.

Congratulations too for a job Well Done! By You!.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4life ...> Steph

I'll put this post in success stories!

8 hours ago, Berta said:

I need to do my FU VA dance for all of you who have succeeded lately( the one I always have done with my award letters, dancing and shoving it at my PC desk photo of my RO....and singing F---...well you catch the drift.... he he.

Berta, i died

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use