VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-Ben Eligibility Determination

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

Checked E-Ben today to find under historical claims a new closed claim. 'Eligibility Determination.' Opened on 10-7-2016 | Closed on 10-7-2016 | Update: Notification sent | Actions: view appeal statues (This link leads to the general work in process page.)

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

No clue, but I think it would mean eligible to get VA benefits, not eligible to get a PTSD increase.

If you are already compensated for PTSD, you dont need to prove you have it again, etc.

I think it was just a check (for what reason, unknown) to make sure your eligible for VA benefits.

Where is your claim at in eBennies?

Hamslice

7 hours ago, Hamslice said:

No clue, but I think it would mean eligible to get VA benefits, not eligible to get a PTSD increase.

If you are already compensated for PTSD, you dont need to prove you have it again, etc.

I think it was just a check (for what reason, unknown) to make sure your eligible for VA benefits.

Where is your claim at in eBennies?

Hamslice

E-Bem has it at Appeal pending notice of disagreement; however, I got a SSOC in the mail saying they're denying my IU, but granting 100% for PTSD in a separate rating decision. #800 number people said they're working on finalizing my 100% and gave me the generic time frame of a day to months depending on workload, complexity of claim, ect, ect.

Edited by 11cvolley