VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secure Messages/ Transferred to the VA Notes?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't find in VA Notes from ''Myhealthvet''  the secure messages that are suppose to be in the VA Notes?

I can go to Secure Message and see the messages  but are these messages  are suppose to be of record and placed in your VA Notes correct?

Anybody know?

5 answers to this question

Buck, When you go to the BLUE Button Download, are you specifying Treatment Notes?

My Secure Msgs are always posted within 2 days and the Dr reply usually the same day.

Have you been able to find any of your Secure Msgs in your MHV Med file? You have received Secure Msgs back from whom ever you sent the original Secure Msg to, right?

Might be time to check with the VMC Med Record Dept.

After about 12 or so months, your Secure Msgs are removed from the Secure Msg site but they remain forever in your VMC Med File.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I go to the blue button and clink on Secure Messages  and then open secure messages , I can write email to my PCP and she writes me back  we have did this back and forth now over year.

Ok I have all those Messages  in there &  in sent message and reply's  but there not any in my Notes? nada nada

Just Dr's Notes is all,  from my Dr's & speciality clinics

I may need to go see the VMC and see why? I can't get things off secure messages  from the Notes? its easier to just  get it off the Notes  and make copy's.  (if they were in there)

I was not sure Secure Messages  would be in Myhealtyvet Notes??...why is it called ''Secure Message''?

Edited by Buck52

Secure Msg is the greatest thing since sliced bread. No need for an actual appointment, immediate E contact with any of your VMC Clinicians and it's secure. Every Secure Msg you send to any Clinician, shows up on the VMC Daily "SMsg" log, not the Msg itself. The Clinicians "SMsg" back to you, is also logged.

The other Vets I have contact with at the Det VMC, all indicate their "SM's" and their Clinician responses all appear within a couple days, on their respective MHV Med Records.

Buck, how about sending an SMsg to the Clinician you last contacted via SMsg, and ask why copies of yours and their SMsg are not posted in your Med Records.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I could do that, but first I am going to check out the  'help button''...or contact myhealthyvet problem solver.  

if I can print off the messaged  then I don't care if its in my healthyvey notes..as long a sI have copy's of what I need, the messages will be deleted within a year.

The notes are deleted within 3 years I believe?(not sure) but I can  always go to FIOA Desk at VMC and get copy's I suppose?

looks like to me if I don't have those secure messages in myhealthyvet Notes  they won't be at the VMC FIOA Desk?

either way  Yeah I need to see why the secure messages in not in my Notes.?

• HadIt.com Elder

Question?

If these Myhealthyvet Secure Messages'' is not in my VA Notes...that I can't see on my computer   will they be on the VA Computer for them to see?