Jump to content
VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.


  • question-001.jpeg

    Have Questions? Get Answers.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.
    2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.
      Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.
    Leading too:

    exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.
    • Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?
    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • VA Watchdog

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • 0

Nursing Home Care



  • HadIt.com Elder

I know that if a vet is 70% that he/she is entitled to nursing home care. My question would be what choices does the vet have about where he/she receives the care. I can imagine being deposisted in some dump that is not fit for a pig. I am paying for Long Term Care Insurance but I would drop it if I could be more sure about the quality of the VA's long term care. I don't trust them or the government and I think they would try and cut as many corners as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

Guest jangrin


Do not let go of your long term care insurance. The homes available to vets and to people who only have SSA for nursing homes are absolutely terrible. Keep your insurance. Some of the places you could be sent are not good. It is the same for vets as it is for SSA. The homes get your money to take care of you. Unless you have private insurance that can cover the costs of a decent home care facility, you will be stuck with county home care and some of it is really scarry.


Your mother and father-in-law are entitled to compensation if your father-in-law is taking care of his wife rather than having a home care person come in. He is entitled to payment for services, also a daughter or other family member should be compensated by SS for aid in the home, in place of an aid sent by social services in lieu of being sent to a total care facility. If your father-in-law needs help in the care of his wife, in oreder to keep her in the family home, SSA will send in day workers. Just watch your valubles and keepsakes, some of the people that are sent are not always trustworthy.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

1968 and Jangrin

That is pretty much what I thought. I pay about 3 grand a year for me and my wife's LTC insurance. I know it is worth it because my grandmother was in a home for almost 5 years. You multiply that by about 75,000 bucks a year and that is a lot of money. It hurts the surviving spouse because all the money goes to pay the home. You know insurance is my biggest expense. I was the personal representative for my elderly relatives and I know how expensive medical care gets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines