VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treysnonna

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, we have no idea what exactly going on here.  They had sent my hausband letters, asking if he wanted a video hearing,travel board hearing etc.. then the sent a letter saying these hearings take so long, would he prefer to just send to bva in Washington DC and let them decided his claim, and we c hoice just to do that rather than wait a long time.  Now to day they show a travel board hearing in st. Pete on Jan 25, 2017.  We called Vso and talked to the guy there and told him we had just decided to let bva make the decision in DC.  But they had it all screwed up.  But he seemed to know what we wanted and ebenefits just has in screwed up.  I did call and find out what month they are working on and was tol June of 14.  That is what it was over a month ago.  Not moving at all.  He put in his nod in nov of 12. Docket number in Jan 15.  I guess I just do not understand  the process.  Do they even work at all!.

Treysnonna, try calling the Office Of Case Management, they should be able to tell you exactly what's going on and could possibly speed up the process, try 202-930-5470, or 202-273-7453, it's been so long since I've called them I can't remember if one of those is a fax,  but one definitely works because I just called and got a recorded message.  That's the people to talk to when your appeal is past due,  and I hope they can help.  Best of luck to you and your husband

Ok we still have not heard anyting from va on this hearing before the law judge on 25th of Jan.  Vso was supposed to set them straight.  Hubby ask that they make the decision at bva.  No law judge no travel board.  It has not been changed on ebennies.  Knowing how slow va is , do you think we should call bva ourselves?  Will it go any quicker?

Ok so the Vso called at 6:30 am on Monday morning, and said he would call them and tell them we did not want a travel board decision. That we wanted a decision made at D.C.  And I looked on ebennies and now it shows it back at the Vso for review.  Since they had scheduled a travel board  for the 25th of Jan.  Does that mean that it will do the same in D.C.?

Is this his remand:

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files1/1502319.txt

Has he ever considered obtaining an IMO/IME?