VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Insomnia

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I am terrified to take this after the reviews but the first 2 drugs did nothing so I'll try. The last drug caused me to have nightmares and hit my wife in my sleep she was pregnant that time and is pregnant again with our second. I have to try it I havent slept in a few days. Wish me luck.

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I hope things work out well for you.

Take the time to read the paperwork which comes with your medication. It lists all of the common, uncommon, and rare side effects which were reported during clinical trials and also after release to the market. Please understand that not all medication side effects may be known. Meds may affect different people in different ways regardless of contraindications caused in conjunction with other medications. There may also be problems with over the counter supplements or even foods, notably grapefruit. If you do have problems, be sure to notify your doc immediately. You can also contact the pharmacy and the pharmaceutical manufacturer to report on what you. Some medication inserts may also state that your doctor may have chosen the med because the benefits of a medication may outweigh any unpleasant side effects.

If you look up medication reviews on web sites, please realize that some reviews may not be accurate. Industrial sabotage is very common. With the amount of money at stake in big pharma, it would not surprise me if a competitor posts negative reviews about their competitor's medications. It happens all the time.

Good luck!

With or without medicine I go crazy in my sleep I have hit my gal so many times with sleep punches so your sleep craziness probably will always be there regardless of what medication you take temazapam helped me go to sleep every night uninterrupted most of the time stress also might be a factor in your insomnia hey if your gal stays with you knowing she can get hit at night by a mad sleeper she is a keeper for life you can also try to eat close to bedtime that might help you go to sleep better prazosin helped me with my nightmares basically you got to talk to your doctors about your problems and try the different medications until they find your right combination of medications to stabilize your condition miniature vivid nightmares waking up going back to sleep just to have another miniature nightmare is stressful in itself I hope all goes well with you eventually and you get the sleep you desire ???

Prazosin was the first they put me on then hydoxycine and now temazepam! So I hope for thr best being a pill proper is not how I wanted to spend my entire civilian life out of the military. Very disappointing 

Temazapam really worked for me PILLS probably will be in our life till death I'm scared to stop taking them now for fear of just going totally insane once they find your right combination the craziness should SLOW down hope all goes well for you