• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

11cvolley

Tell the truth...

Question

I'm tired of reading on these forums people telling other what not to say, what to say, ect. Be 100% honest with the VA and you will get what you deserve in the end.

• Like 1

That's true  but being 100% honest is what we all do.

and besides it sure won't make them read our evidence...will it?

The VA needs to be 100% Honest  I would say! eh!

• Like 3

Ad

11cvolley

This is a Veterans Discussion Forum  its what we do here  give out information and Advice  its free and any Veteran is welcome to come here to hadit to discuss his claim  or ask for Advice /Information.

Its all Volunteer work from some very beautiful people experienced/ well versed in The VA System.

If your confused about anything VA? speak up  someone will help you and if you don't know for sure your getting good information, then you can look up the CFR'S and VA Law your self.

These people don't get Paid a dime for all there time/research and information they give out here on Hadit.

All us Veterans Most all anyway are very blessed to be able to come here and seek Advice/Information!

Its  Certainly your Choice rather or not you want leave Hadit  if you do I wish you the best  but Always remember you can come back anytime.

Take Care.

...........................Buck

• Like 3

Absolutely be honest - don't lie. Do you have a claims question?

is there a rating schedule for PTSD available? Reason I ask, is I wish I knew more about all of these topics when I was checking out of the military.  I had no idea what the result was when I was talking to the base VA doctor, and didn't understand PTSD and its effects.  I simply accepted my %10 for PTSD and moved on.  Knowing what I know now and after several conversation with folks, I have been getting shorted for over a decade now, based on the severity of my situation.  Is there more information on how to appeal the decision that far back, or ask for an increase, how they grade increases, etc?

4 hours ago, Cjohnson said:

is there a rating schedule for PTSD available? Reason I ask, is I wish I knew more about all of these topics when I was checking out of the military.  I had no idea what the result was when I was talking to the base VA doctor, and didn't understand PTSD and its effects.  I simply accepted my %10 for PTSD and moved on.  Knowing what I know now and after several conversation with folks, I have been getting shorted for over a decade now, based on the severity of my situation.  Is there more information on how to appeal the decision that far back, or ask for an increase, how they grade increases, etc?

PTSD has a different set of C&P exam questions, but in the end it is based on the mental health rating criteria. The VA will rate on mental health based on social and occupational deficiency/severity, not the total # of of diagnosed disorders.

Here are all the rating tables: http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/bookc.asp

If you are currently SC for a MH issue and you think it worsened, you can consider requesting an increase. Before you do that, take a look at your progress notes from your provider for the last 12 calendar months and compare that to the rating criteria. For example, if you got 10% now, look at the criteria for 30% and compare that to your treatment records. For increases, the VA can increase based on what is in your treatment records from the past 12 calendar months. Otherwise, it might require a CUE, which is a tough fight.

Good luck!

• Like 1