VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tell the truth...

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That's true  but being 100% honest is what we all do.

and besides it sure won't make them read our evidence...will it?

The VA needs to be 100% Honest  I would say! eh!

• HadIt.com Elder

11cvolley

This is a Veterans Discussion Forum  its what we do here  give out information and Advice  its free and any Veteran is welcome to come here to hadit to discuss his claim  or ask for Advice /Information.

Its all Volunteer work from some very beautiful people experienced/ well versed in The VA System.

If your confused about anything VA? speak up  someone will help you and if you don't know for sure your getting good information, then you can look up the CFR'S and VA Law your self.

These people don't get Paid a dime for all there time/research and information they give out here on Hadit.

All us Veterans Most all anyway are very blessed to be able to come here and seek Advice/Information!

Its  Certainly your Choice rather or not you want leave Hadit  if you do I wish you the best  but Always remember you can come back anytime.

Take Care.

...........................Buck

is there a rating schedule for PTSD available? Reason I ask, is I wish I knew more about all of these topics when I was checking out of the military.  I had no idea what the result was when I was talking to the base VA doctor, and didn't understand PTSD and its effects.  I simply accepted my %10 for PTSD and moved on.  Knowing what I know now and after several conversation with folks, I have been getting shorted for over a decade now, based on the severity of my situation.  Is there more information on how to appeal the decision that far back, or ask for an increase, how they grade increases, etc?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
4 hours ago, Cjohnson said:

is there a rating schedule for PTSD available? Reason I ask, is I wish I knew more about all of these topics when I was checking out of the military.  I had no idea what the result was when I was talking to the base VA doctor, and didn't understand PTSD and its effects.  I simply accepted my %10 for PTSD and moved on.  Knowing what I know now and after several conversation with folks, I have been getting shorted for over a decade now, based on the severity of my situation.  Is there more information on how to appeal the decision that far back, or ask for an increase, how they grade increases, etc?

PTSD has a different set of C&P exam questions, but in the end it is based on the mental health rating criteria. The VA will rate on mental health based on social and occupational deficiency/severity, not the total # of of diagnosed disorders.

Here are all the rating tables: http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/bookc.asp

If you are currently SC for a MH issue and you think it worsened, you can consider requesting an increase. Before you do that, take a look at your progress notes from your provider for the last 12 calendar months and compare that to the rating criteria. For example, if you got 10% now, look at the criteria for 30% and compare that to your treatment records. For increases, the VA can increase based on what is in your treatment records from the past 12 calendar months. Otherwise, it might require a CUE, which is a tough fight.

Good luck!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 10/17/2016 at 10:55 PM, 11cvolley said:

I'm tired of reading on these forums people telling other what not to say, what to say, ect. Be 100% honest with the VA and you will get what you deserve in the end.

Yes, there are a lot of folks (me included) who offer advice to others.

The most simple advice I see is when you walk into the doc (C&P or otherwise), and they say, "How are you?", don't just be polite and say, "Fine". Per your own topic title, we have to remind fellow veterans to "Tell the truth". 

Please keep in mind that many of us may still have the "suck it up and drive on" mentality which was drilled into our brains while serving the military. It is very difficult for many to shake and sometimes they lose their relationships, families, and homes before they get real help. It is important to support and nudge them in the right direction.

Some may still be in and are getting ready to get out. Most of the rest are likely already out. The remainder are friends or loved ones of fellow service members/veterans who care. Advice like I described helps to deprogram from military to non-military life. They took care of their country and it's time for their country to take care of them - sometimes it takes a shift in perspective for then to be able to get the help they badly need.