VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

chronic epididymitis

Rate this question

gousto0731

Question

3 answers to this question

Its rated under 7525 UTI infections, 

• 30% Rating: If the condition causes regular infections that require hospitalization 3 or more times a year OR if it requires serious continuous treatment
  • 10% Rating: If the condition requires regular drug therapy, 1 or 2 hospitalizations a year, or if it requires serious continuous treatment.

You will not get SMC for this issue. The ratings are listed above.  Unless a doctor says you have loss of use , its is very doubtful you would ever get SMC for this condition.  I have been rated 0% for 22 years, and found it impossible to get a 10% rating....

I really need to pay better attention to the dates of these questions,,, LOL

Edited by Richard1954
Just ralized this question is from 2016

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

You will not get SMC for this issue. The ratings are listed above.  Unless a doctor says you have loss of use , its is very doubtful you would ever get SMC for this condition.  I have been rated 0% for 22 years, and found it impossible to get a 10% rating....

It's because of the way the VA phrased the wording. The terms "regular" and "serious continuous treatment" make it a case of you having to practically have it all the time. However, in many cases you just wear an athletic supporter, take some antibiotics, and some NSAIDs and you are in better shape a few days later. Makes me wonder if, back before electricity when this rating was written, their antibiotics and NSAID options were very limited...

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

I really need to pay better attention to the dates of these questions,,, LOL

You got be laughing on this comment. I noticed you commented on some other topics from years earlier. If you are just browsing through the forums by category, there are some which did not get much activity or had posts pinned which are quite out of date. lol...