VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Currently in NOD review, but have new MH appointment and weekly meetings

Rate this question

BoneyWV

Question

Good day all,

quick question. May be a little confusing but I will do my best. My comp is currently under review for NOD. However, I recently admitted myself to a walk in VA clinic for MH. It is not one of the issues contested in my NOD. Do I have to file a new claim, or do I assume that all of this will work itself out. 

I'm not proud of the reason I went to the walk in, and I don't want to ask the question as if I'm trying to pull a bigger percentage, but after reading threads, I feel safer asking here than there. Thanks all. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The VA will not consider a walk- in to a MH clinic as a New claim.

It is not one of the issues contested in my NOD. Do I have to file a new claim," Yes, Unless you already have an established SC for the TBI and it might be related to that rating...??? 

"or do I assume that all of this will work itself out.  "

We cannot 'assume' anything with the VA. I am even assuming too much here myself....to suggest maybe it is related to  your TBI.....

TBIs are almost always very traumatic events and VA must rate PTSD separately from the actual TBI...if they can....or will 

Edited by Berta

Thanks. I have a lot of mixed emotions, then add "hey, can I add this or start up a new claim" to relive it again in front of someone different. I'm scheduled for weekly meetings UFN. I know I shouldn't assume anything, at least sensible when it comes to the VA. I guess if I decide to open a claim, claim it as PTSD? 

I think I would if I were you,and have been diagnosed with a TBI  but I would also, if I were you, read all the info here on TBI and PTSD.

The problem with TBI is, did it come from an Explosion from a IED or from slipping in a shower at the military barracks.....my point is that ,will VA determine a 'stressor' had caused the TBI.

Have they diagnosed you with TBI already or is that one of the issues they denied?

If so, can you scan and attach here their Reasons and Bases for the denial (Cover C File #, Name, etc prior to scanning it.)

Edited by Berta