VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU benefit question

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

Filed for IU back in December but the va lost my paperwork, shocker I know. Had to resubmit in July. Looks like I got it. Haven't received envelope yet but ebenefits is showing claim closed and va letters were updated. 80% but compensated at 100% and considered total and permanent. Below is a pic of my benefit summary on ebenefits.

Does this mean my family will be eligible for champva and education benefits? Or does that only apply for 100% scheduler? Thanks in advance for any info.

Benefit Summary.jpg

1 minute ago, seminoles said:

YES!  You can buy a decent policy for your family (which will cover you too if you want to do extra cleanings or just have an emergency)   http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans_2_14.pdf      http://www.va.gov/healthBenefits/vadip/

Those are the links for you at the va and one for you to buy coverage for your family, make sure you look at yearly caps, orthodontics, etc. for your family.  We pay for the larger cap that covers orthodontics and it is around $100 but still cheaper than 5 people's cleanings and xrays a year without insurance ;)

2 minutes ago, seminoles said:

Those are the links for you at the va and one for you to buy coverage for your family, make sure you look at yearly caps, orthodontics, etc. for your family.  We pay for the larger cap that covers orthodontics and it is around $100 but still cheaper than 5 people's cleanings and xrays a year without insurance ;)

Outstanding! Thanks for the info. I need a beer now:biggrin:

Just now, raidertone said:

Outstanding! Thanks for the info. I need a beer now:biggrin:

Enjoy and congrats, I know PT gave me a large sigh of relief, now file for SSDI if you haven't already and if you have student loans file to have them discharged due to being disabled. 

Just now, seminoles said:

Enjoy and congrats, I know PT gave me a large sigh of relief, now file for SSDI if you haven't already and if you have student loans file to have them discharged due to being disabled. 

I will. Thanks. Appreciate all the info.