VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

AO and the American Public

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I bet if you asked 100 people on the street only half would have even heard about the War in Vietnam and maybe 5% would know anything about agent orange.  Probably 3-5 million vets were exposed to AO including all the brown water and blue water navy.  The companies that produced this deadly poison and sprayed in near, around or on Americans troops, sailors, marines, and airmen and women knew if was bad stuff.  They got away with pennies on the dollar in compensation to their victims.   We taxpayers are left to pay ourselves for our own losses.   Why would anyone volunteer for this sort of abuse and yet we find 9/11 military gets basically the same treatment because "  We go to war with the military we have" according to former Secretary of Defense.

3 answers to this question

John, you have known me for a very long time and A0 has been the most important veteran issue of my life- way before I even had any dog in the fight.

I still believe there are many vets who have AO presumptives and don't even know they could be compensated for it..(or even their survivors because many vets are dead by now from the AO).and I also believe the AO story is far from over.

I agree with what you said and I am exasperated by the latest Bull crap from DOD over those NG vets who got bonuses to re-up in California and go to Afganistan and Iraq and now the Gov wants the cash back?????

Our Grateful Nation is far overdue now in it's 'compensation' to so many, because of the VA- induced backlog, and get this-DOD wants the bonuses back with Interest!

Aint that the shits?   How come the VA takes years to properly award our comp or DIC and pays no interest on the retro, yet the dollar value declines year by year as we wait. 

The acronym for COLA in my opinion should be BCOS

(Big Crock of Shit)

Hell -this years cola will be absorbed month by month via the mailing fees for some of us who need to send, and often re send ,to VA our evidence many times. Ebenefits might save us that expense but our PCs run on electric, our property taxes and food and other stuff keeps getting more expensive , and we all face the fact that our expiration date might come before the VA properly adjudicates our claims.

Time is our enemy and the VA knows it.

John, the younger doctors don't even understand the true implications of AO exposure, much less the  public. The younger generation connects the words agent orange with the pop music band.