VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded

Rate this question

Sgscott1

Question

Just got the call from my DAV Service Officer. Granted TDIU back to April 2009 when I retired on FERS Disability. I'ts been battle to the BVA in 2012 which ended in a remand and today the remand got completed. I am so relieved it i finally over. Never give up if you feel you have a valid claim. It took me almost 8 years to get this claim finalized. This site has helped me in so many ways! Thank You!

• HadIt.com Elder

Great News to hear

Congratulations on your BIG long awaited claim.

& way to stick with it buddy

Enjoy yours & your  family life now.

WOW, and this is GREAT News.....relax and enjoy.Geez, I am surprised it took so long with the FERS...it took my neighbor only 7-8 months after he got FERs .But then again they really low balled him with 10% and as a 20 year retiree, that VA amount is deducted from the retirement check.

He says he gets SSDI solely for the same 10% but has not filed a TDIU claim yet....after about 6 years..or more 

I couldnt get him to understand that his TDIU EED, if what he said is true as to SSDI, is the date he files the TDIU claim.....oh well..........................................

Berta, My FERS disability took only about 3 weeks to be approved. My start date on FERS was March 21, 2009. So the EED of my TDIU is April 2009.  The main reason it took me so long is that I filed a claim for Diabetes along with complications and TDIU at the same time. They denied the Diabetes even though the C&P examiner stated "More than Likely" which was in my favor. The rater stated in the SOC that the C&P doctors opinion had no probative value. Went in front of VLJ in D.C. for a BVA hearing in June 2012. He granted my Diabetes which then brought other issues in to play such as my Gastroperesis, Neuropathy etc.etc. The Judge remanded the IU and waited to get a C&P which I had last December. Never heard anything so I took the advice on here about calling the "(202)" number for really old claims. I did and Presto DAV called me today with the good news.

"Theydenied the Diabetes even though the C&P examiner stated "More than Likely" which was in my favor. The rater stated in the SOC that the C&P doctors opinion had no probative value. "

HUH?  Sometimes I think I have seen it all. Boy they even went against their own C & P doc? 

Unbelievable.......... the VA needs Divine Intervention....they are so fubared.

Was this a P & T award?

42 minutes ago, Berta said:

"Theydenied the Diabetes even though the C&P examiner stated "More than Likely" which was in my favor. The rater stated in the SOC that the C&P doctors opinion had no probative value. "

HUH?  Sometimes I think I have seen it all. Boy they even went against their own C & P doc? 

Unbelievable.......... the VA needs Divine Intervention....they are so fubared.

Was this a P & T award?

Actually I was so Happy I forgot to ask if it was P&T.

The decision they send will tell more...P & T awards Chapter 35 (DEA) edu bennies for the dependents and CHAMPVA can be applied for with the award letter.

If they dont award P & T, and you are getting some retro, some of it would be good to invest into an independent medical  opinion that could award the P & T...

Awarded TDIU back to 2009- it would surprise me if they didn't award P & T....but we can never really  know what they are going to do.