VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

I am hoping that someone will have some great advice, insight, resource that I haven't been able to find.  I am rated for mh.  My psychiatrist of 10 years transferred.  He and I had a very good working relationship, he knew that I understood when I was okay and when I

need a med adjustment, to be seen etc. When he transferred I went 8 months seeing a pharmacist having my meds "bridged" then I got a new psychiatrist.  She is awful.  She has put me on klonopin for my anxiety and panic attacks because I don't sleep and have

daily panic attacks.  Neither have gotten better so every time I see her she changes my anti-depressant (which is noted in my charts not to do, because I am hyper sensitive to them) she then ups my dosage of klonopin so that I am now at zombie stage if I actually

take the prescribed amount and am addicted to them because when I don't take them I am physically ill.  I am increasingly more depressed and none of my anxiety/panic attacks are better except for when I am sleeping from said klonopin.    I called today to ask to

have my psychiatrist changed and was told that because I had been seeing her for under a year that it was highly unlikely to get a new one, but I could fill out a "form", I asked the VA form number so I could print it, of course there is no such VA form, it is their form.  I

have to go in and fill it out and justify why I want to switch my psychiatrist?  The fact that she has gotten me addicted to benzos isn't enough?  Is this normal?  Is it really that hard to get switched to a new psychiatrist?  The vet center here has no psychiatrist so I can't

get teh meds I do need.   I don't know where else to turn but I don't want to see this woman anymore.  She puts notes in my records that are inconsistent at best then puts things like mst rule out ptsd, for months on end but never does anything to rule diagnosis me

with ptsd or not?  why put it in there at all?  so she diagnoses me with bipolar 2(which i have had that diagnosis forever)  then adds panic disorder with agoraphobia and general anxiety disorder, but don't those with the mst in my record and a suspicion of ptsd kinda

spell it out?   I am just tired of being drugged, not getting better and feeling like I am on a hamster wheel!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic