VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cannot Believe this

Rate this question

saddletramp

Question

I have Boots on the Ground in a Combat Unit in Vietnam, and all of the credentials. My C&P exam shows I have ischemic heart disease and they aren't connecting my VN service as service connected? I am a little confused. I hired an attorney.

Ebenfits Ischmia.png

Edited by saddletramp

Berta, Just last week, they made the decision and I haven't got the packet back. I really just posted this to show How they can screw with us. But when I called the 800 number the man said wait on the letter and I can appeal, their decision.

Of course you can...and if they made a CUE I hope the lawyer asks them to CUE themselves.That could get results faster than the traditional appeal process.

When you scan and attach it here, we can all help.

Tyr Thanks for asking, I had put in a claim for Ischemia in 2010, they denied and we put in for a appeal? I had afib at the time (Still do)  , so they kicked out my current claim and stated I had to wait on the appeal and then it would go through, with new evidence, but until then , not connected. I am sorry it took me this long to reply, but I had to wait on the answer. I spoke with an appeal clerk at the VA and she told me how to interpret what they were saying, in the denial letter. IT wasn't very clear to me, but I am not an attorney, and really shouldn't have to be. Thanks again

Jimmy

• HadIt.com Elder

Jimmy

what ever you do keep your appeals in  the VA time limits.

I am sure you can win this , even if you have to file a CUE or have VA to CUE them self.

I realize we  need to wait on what decision they give you      then we can help you a lot better...I think the VA will hang them self on this   so just hang in there and let us know what their reason and bases is.

What year did you first apply your claim? When they decide your claim it should go back to the date you first filed  or when this disability first arose and you were entitled to it

EED (Early effective Date)

depending on the rating you get THIS CAN MEAN A DIFFERENCE IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR RETRO PAY.

if you feel your rating is not right you can also NOD that...Also you can look up your symptoms  and check the rating criteria for your symptoms and see if they gave you a true rating.

when you submit your claim or NOD  you can Request for the highest rating allowed by Law for your  S.C.disability.

Edited by Buck52

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Jimmy

what ever you do keep your appeals in  the VA time limits.

I am sure you can win this , even if you have to file a CUE or have VA to CUE them self.

I realize we  need to wait on what decision they give you      then we can help you a lot better...I think the VA will hang them self on this   so just hang in there and let us know what their reason and bases is.

What year did you first apply your claim? When they decide your claim it should go back to the date you first filed  or when this disability first arose and you were entitled to it

EED (Early effective Date)

depending on the rating you get THIS CAN MEAN A DIFFERENCE IN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR RETRO PAY.

if you feel your rating is not right you can also NOD that...Also you can look up your symptoms  and check the rating criteria for your symptoms and see if they gave you a true rating.

when you submit your claim or NOD  you can Request for the highest rating allowed by Law for your  S.C.disability.

Tyr Thanks for asking, I had put in a claim for Ischemia in 2010, they denied and we put in for a appeal? I had afib at the time (Still do)  , so they kicked out my current claim and stated I had to wait on the appeal and then it would go through, with new evidence, but until then , not connected. I am sorry it took me this long to reply, but I had to wait on the answer. I spoke with an appeal clerk at the VA and she told me how to interpret what they were saying, in the denial letter. IT wasn't very clear to me, but I am not an attorney, and really shouldn't have to be. Thanks again

Jimmy