• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Ad Free Subscription.jpgOne Time Financial Gift.jpg

Subscriptions and Gifts are NOT Tax Deductible. HadIt.com is NOT a Non Profit.

Sign in to follow this  
Tbird

James Cripps Agent Orange in CONUS veteran - CA Guard Member Bonuses and VA Issu

We will discuss the California Guard members having to pay back $15000 each back to the government and other current issues with the Department of Veterans affairs.

View the full article

Ad

Sign in to follow this  

• Our picks

• CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018
      CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.

https://www.hadit.com/cbo-options-for-reducing-the-deficit-2019-to-2028-published-dec-2018/
      • 6 replies
    • 2019 Veterans Benefits
      State Benefits, Space A and More ... https://www.hadit.com/2019-changes-to-veterans-benefits-state-and-federal/
      • 2 replies
    • Appeal granted and closed.
      My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 
      • 6 replies
    • Question About Temporary 100% Rating for Hospitalization
      Hey all. I've searched all over the net, and read the CFR on the topic. I will be going to PTSD Dom inpatient treatment here soon. I read that it's possible to get 100% temp for hospitalization. However, the CFR says that PTSD Dom does not qualify, but then in the exceptions it says that it may. Does anyone know if I will qualify for temp 100%. I will be in there for almost 2 months. Here is the CFR code, and the part regarding the matter-

Do not apply the provisions of 38 CFR 4.29 when a Veteran

is treated as a resident in a State Veterans’ home is currently receiving a total rating for the disability for which hospitalization was required is a resident in a VA domiciliary program, or is a participant in a live-in/work out program being utilized to facilitate transition to community living.

Exceptions:
      Hospitalization in excess of 21 days for an SC disability in a medical facility located at a State Veterans’ home may entitle the Veteran to hospitalization benefits. Veterans are entitled to hospitalization benefits for treatment in excess of 21 days in a day hospital program if the treatment given is consistent with hospital care for a SC disability even though they are concurrently required to be housed in a VA domiciliary.

The exceptions part is confusing me. Does anyone know if I am entitled to a temporary 100% rating? I'm currently rated for the same reason I'm going inpatient.
      • 2 replies
    • Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      • 0 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News
  • Our picks

• CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018
      CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.

https://www.hadit.com/cbo-options-for-reducing-the-deficit-2019-to-2028-published-dec-2018/
      • 6 replies
    • 2019 Veterans Benefits
      State Benefits, Space A and More ... https://www.hadit.com/2019-changes-to-veterans-benefits-state-and-federal/
      • 2 replies
    • Appeal granted and closed.
      My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 
      • 6 replies
    • Question About Temporary 100% Rating for Hospitalization
      Hey all. I've searched all over the net, and read the CFR on the topic. I will be going to PTSD Dom inpatient treatment here soon. I read that it's possible to get 100% temp for hospitalization. However, the CFR says that PTSD Dom does not qualify, but then in the exceptions it says that it may. Does anyone know if I will qualify for temp 100%. I will be in there for almost 2 months. Here is the CFR code, and the part regarding the matter-

Do not apply the provisions of 38 CFR 4.29 when a Veteran

is treated as a resident in a State Veterans’ home is currently receiving a total rating for the disability for which hospitalization was required is a resident in a VA domiciliary program, or is a participant in a live-in/work out program being utilized to facilitate transition to community living.

Exceptions:
      Hospitalization in excess of 21 days for an SC disability in a medical facility located at a State Veterans’ home may entitle the Veteran to hospitalization benefits. Veterans are entitled to hospitalization benefits for treatment in excess of 21 days in a day hospital program if the treatment given is consistent with hospital care for a SC disability even though they are concurrently required to be housed in a VA domiciliary.

The exceptions part is confusing me. Does anyone know if I am entitled to a temporary 100% rating? I'm currently rated for the same reason I'm going inpatient.
      • 2 replies
    • Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      Abbreviations, Acronyms, etc.
      • 0 replies

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines