VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Evidence Intake center moved?

Rate this question

JATO

Question

At the recommendation of other forum members, I recently sent in a sworn declaration to add to my NOD that's at dro review, to the evidence intake center address listed on my appeals option letter. That form was dated July 2015. 

Yesterday I get a letter regarding something else and it has a different address listed for the evidence center. What gives?!?

Whats odd is both addresses are the same except the city and state has changed, but the fax# is the same. Im resubmitting my stuff to the new address also to be safe but I wonder what happens to stuff that vets may be sending to the old address?

Also I never got a receipt from the post office saying it was received at the Newnan office!

July 2015 letter
Evidence intake center
PO Box 4444
Newnan GA 30271-0020
fax 844-5317818

Oct 2016 letter
Evidence intake center
PO Box 4444
Janesville WI 53547-4444
fax 844-5317818

Seem shady to me!

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_8489.PNG

5 answers to this question

You need to comply with the letter, and send future correspondence to the address in the letter.  VA is constantly tweeking things like the evidence intake center(s).  I think there is only one evidence intake center now, instead of the 2 like before.  Just comply and send it to the address in the letter.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Didn't Newman close down months ago?

I been sending everything to Janesviile Wi but thats my intake center according to where I live.

I did have to send a dependent letter to my R.O.  cause they had the address on the return envelope .

*** Newnan appears to still be open. There's been conflicting info on this, but things are getting uploaded from there.

For RO claims, it needs to go to Janesville. You can hand over and get the document date stamped at any VA facility to preserve a date. It might take up to two weeks to scan.

For education and DMC they still go to the RPO and DMC St. Paul respectively.

You can just upload in ebenefits- Very difficult for a VA employee  to move them to some long dead WWI Veteran's folder this way.

A date stamp at the Legion, VFW etc. office doesn't count.

Edited by MikeHunt