VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Conversation With Rating Officer(Roanoke)

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

I had submitted an IRIS inquiry to fix errors pertaining to my claim. I requested a phone call to discuss the matter.

Got a call from a VA rating officer in Roanoke. Looks like my claim got farmed out from the St. Petersburg VA

I informed the rating officer that I did not submit new claims for acne, or allergic rhinitis.

I gave her the date,(9/12/2016), that the new claims are shown to have been submitted.

I stated that I have a record of the documents submitted on that date as proof that I never filed these new claims.

I mentioned that I am at the maximum rating for rhinitis, and 10% for acne and that I am not appealing either decision.

She reviewed my C-file.

Told me she can eliminate the new rhinitis claim.

Then we discussed the acne claim.

I requested that the acne claim be removed as it is an error on the part of the VA.

Here's where she almost got me............

Her conversation was noticeably rambling.

She said she had previously pointed out  mistakes to someone upstairs, and seemed frustrated about there being no corrective action taken.

Then.... she stated, " Okay, I'm going to remove the claim you have on file for the acne scars." 

I began to get annoyed, so I said to her, "NO, I have acne scars on appeal."

"Do NOT eliminate my appeal" , I said.

Finally, after a few frustrating attempts of walking her through the fact that I wanted the new acne and rhinitis claims discharged, she seemed to understand, and said she would take care of it.

I requested that the VA send me a letter to document that the corrections were made, as I don't believe ANYTHING from the VA unless I get it in writing.

I'm hoping the errors were fixed, and hoping this correction has shortened my time on the hamster wheel.

Wait and see.

Edited by 63Charlie

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your going to have wait in suspense to see what actions she took...they can tell us anything over the phone , so what the say is all hogwash  as for as my opinion.

if you don't get a confirmation on this discussion with in 5 working days call her back or check with IRIS, 

Never trust anyone from VA over the phone  you need it in writing what they say!

They usually say one thing and do another...so stay on top of this until you get it in writing  because if she said she would ''take care of it'' then there's no telling whats up? or what she does.

• HadIt.com Elder

63 Charlie

Have you heard anything back yet?

just curious.