VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU EBENNY or FAX

Rate this question

JLino19

Question

Good Morning ALL,

I was writing to get some clarification. Just finished a claim and rated 90%. I did want to apply for TDIU but was unsure if filing it through ebenefits is the same as filing out VA FORM 21-8940? Can I file it on ebenny and fill out the form and upload it along with a 21-4192? Just looking for the best course of action. You have all been an invaluable asset to getting my claims squared away. Thank you.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes file for IU ASAP 

VA has made changes in the TDIU Claims VA No longer accepts an increases for TDIU.

You need to submit a claim form #21-8940.

Apply based on TDIU and describe the disability that renders you unable to work  specify they one disability  that is to why it keeps you from working to help substantiate your claim, if you been in Voc Rehab  a letter from your counselor stating its not feasible to retrain this veteran at this time because of his S.C. Disability..not disability's will help tremendously.

Check here on Hadit about IU the fast letter

but since your 90% file for the IU if you can't work.  you have to file for it  they won't inferred it anymore.

is my understanding anyway!

jmo

....................Buck

Thanks Buck I appreciate the insight. I was curious though if I file it though ebenfits is it the same as filling out a VA 21-8940? I am self employed as well and haven't been able to run my business for over a year...do I fill out the the 21-4192 too?