VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reconsideration for P&T

Rate this question

missunderstood

Question

I am 100% schedular for my PTSD but I need to get P&T. I understand that the VA believes that I will get better because MH conditions usually improve but mine has not. I went from 10% to 70% to now 100%. It is steadily getting worse. I don't understand why the VA wont give me P&T. I have been getting SSDI solely for PTSD since 2008 when it was rated at 10%. I have recently filed an intent to file asking for reconsideration of P&T along with a 21-4138 and denial letter from vocational rehab. I am also willing to do a C&P in they want one. I was just taken off of a suicide watch list about a week ago due to my extreme suicidal ideation and mental impairment. I also go to therapy weekly with a civilian provider that the VA pays for. I just hate having to jump through hoops for something that has no end in sight. I'm never going to wake up and be cured of this. I am also SMC S1 housebound since 2014.  Was just awarded the 100% and SMC S1 recently (back dated to 2014). Is the Voc Rehab denial considered new and material evidence or do I need more (just got denied voc rehab like 1 day ago)?

Mis, not only is the VA Vocation Rehab Denial Letter considered N & M Evidence, if obtained after an IU Denial, it is also considered by States & Municipalities as supporting evidence for DAV 100% or IU Property Tax Exemptions.

I screwed up back in 11, didn't ask for the Denial Letter, when Voc Reh Councilor & I decided I couldn't complete the Program. I had previously submitted an IU Claim (6 mos?)  immediately after receiving an Award Letter bump to 90% with an "Inferred IU Claim" notification.

IU was Denied end of 8/12, filed NOD requesting DRO Hearing Immediately 09/12. Realized the importance of the Voc Reh Denial Letter, mid 13. Had to reapply to VR Program, met with New Councilur 9/13, had the Denial Letter within a week, submitted it as N & M evidence right away.

06/29/14, at a DRO Hearing for issues from 09 Denial, the DRO agreed to look at 2012 IU NOD also. Based solely on the Voc Rehab Denial Letter, he Awarded IU P & T No Future Exams. I had opted for an Informal Hearing, no Recording or Transcription. The DRO Award Letter was E-Mailed to me that afternoon by my VSO Rep.

That VA Vocational Rehabilitation Denial Letter, was a piece of GOLD. Beau-coo Retro $$!

Semper Fi

Gastone, your reply is a piece of GOLD!

sorry I gripe so much about my own issues.....as Veterans Day approaches I always get angry.

Because Every Day should be Veterans Day.

1 hour ago, Berta said:

Did VA state any reason why they did not consider you for P & T? They probably didn't.But if they did that is something to try to turn around against them.

Thanks Berta. I want to add that they stated that future improvement may be expected or something but that seems ludicrous  to me because I was rated at 70% (since 2008) for over 5 years and bumped to 100% for over 2 years now. Where is the expected improvement in that? I have tried very hard to overcome this and wake up cured but it has never happened. The cause of my PTSD has and will never go away. No amount or treatments and medication has cured it thus far. My therapist even says that there is no magic pill or cure for this. She reminds me of this every appointment. I feel like the future re-evaluation is just a way for them to stall in giving my P&T. 

Your book idea sounds like a great idea. Hopefully you get it completed in the near future.

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

Mis, not only is the VA Vocation Rehab Denial Letter considered N & M Evidence, if obtained after an IU Denial, it is also considered by States & Municipalities as supporting evidence for DAV 100% or IU Property Tax Exemptions.

I screwed up back in 11, didn't ask for the Denial Letter, when Voc Reh Councilor & I decided I couldn't complete the Program. I had previously submitted an IU Claim (6 mos?)  immediately after receiving an Award Letter bump to 90% with an "Inferred IU Claim" notification.

IU was Denied end of 8/12, filed NOD requesting DRO Hearing Immediately 09/12. Realized the importance of the Voc Reh Denial Letter, mid 13. Had to reapply to VR Program, met with New Councilur 9/13, had the Denial Letter within a week, submitted it as N & M evidence right away.

06/29/14, at a DRO Hearing for issues from 09 Denial, the DRO agreed to look at 2012 IU NOD also. Based solely on the Voc Rehab Denial Letter, he Awarded IU P & T No Future Exams. I had opted for an Informal Hearing, no Recording or Transcription. The DRO Award Letter was E-Mailed to me that afternoon by my VSO Rep.

That VA Vocational Rehabilitation Denial Letter, was a piece of GOLD. Beau-coo Retro $$!

Semper Fi

Gastone they said that my IU claim was moot because they awarded me scheduler instead. I feel that should not be the case (moot) because I have not been able to work since 2010. This proves that my SC disabilities have prevented me from employment also my SSDI (based solely on my SCs since 2008).This should prove my P&T. Since they denied my IU I am hoping that the Voc Rehab denial letter will serve as proof of my P&T. If not, I will file a formal appeal and have am IMO/IME done.

Congrats on your win as well!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

missunderstood

go look in SSA files for your work record  they should find it as to where you last paid in taxes  and the date you stopped working.

print these records and submit b/c

according to SSA Records should be used as evidence for your EED.