VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Injury Claim

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

Can I claim "Mild to moderate periventricular white matter small vessel ischemic changes in my brain?  I had head injuries while in service and have a history of losing consciousness and hitting my head.  Recent CT scans and MRI have shown this condition. If it can be rated, what DC code would I use?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Greetings  Berta

I have attached my current rated disabilities.   I still have one claim pending BVA action and one NOD awaiting a review (over 300 days). My overall health is fading as we speak. 

DS - Disabilities 2016.PNG

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

In my opinion the rating for the hypertensive vascular disease is WAY too low and has already caused you significant organic brain damage due to the DMII and/or atherosclerosis....

But I am not a doctor,just a widow of a vet who they killed because they did not diagnose his HBP and vascular disease properly,until after he died.(AO IHD and AO DMII) and 1151 Stroke--which I could easily get SCed directly via CUE... 

You have not answered my questions above and my advice remains the same...get a real doctor , a real neurologist.

My husband had a VA neuro whose diagnosis of DMII was crossed out by the Cardio team at the Syracuse VAMC because they were trying to hide the cardio,stroke,  and HBP malpractice from the Bath VA. Their efforts failed. The Neuro left VA for private practice and gave me a brief but Very probative free IMO that Dr. Bash also incorporated into his  IMO ,

because a corroborating probative opinion from a real doctor weighs the scales heavily for us claimants...and against the VA.

I have no other advice

Greetings

I'm still awaiting a BVA (Docket 11-12-911) and NOD (DMII increase) decision review on my service connected claims.  I know there is a backlog but I'm very hopeful that most if not all of my contentions will be favorable. 

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

DS - Disabilities 2016.PNG