• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
chiefhouse00

Head Injury Claim

Question

Greetings

Can I claim "Mild to moderate periventricular white matter small vessel ischemic changes in my brain?  I had head injuries while in service and have a history of losing consciousness and hitting my head.  Recent CT scans and MRI have shown this condition. If it can be rated, what DC code would I use?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

http://community.hadit.com/topic/41016-what-is-chronic-microvascular-ischemic-disease/

In Sept  2014 you stated:

Greetings

To all, I do have one thing that I want to bring up during my VA Traveling Board Meeting and please let me know if I'm going around it in the right way. During my C&P, the examiner stated that I was first diagnose with Diabetes Type ll in 2006 but it was only back dated to 2008 as Diabetes Type l. Yes, I was misdiagnosed. In addition to requesting an increase for "regulation of activities and diabetic ketoacidosis," I plan to request that my Diabetes effective date be changed to 2006. Any recommendations?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

http://community.hadit.com/topic/57879-meeting-va-traveling-board-judge-next-month/?page=3

What was the result of the BVA hearing?????

In another thread in 2014 I recommended you file under Section 1151….did you?

I also recommended getting an IMO/IME then…did you ever obtain one?

The posts go back to 2010 and maybe prior to that.

You had a Traveling Board hearing .

Could this possibly be your BVA decision?

http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp15/Files3/1523416.txt

If so what is the status of the remand?

.........................................................................................

I just realized I am repeating advice here as to the IMO/IME , 1151, need for a real neuro , etc, etc ,etc- that I gave you before ,over the past 6 years.

Others here will offer something new.

Greetings  Berta

I have attached my current rated disabilities.   I still have one claim pending BVA action and one NOD awaiting a review (over 300 days). My overall health is fading as we speak. 

DS - Disabilities 2016.PNG

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

In my opinion the rating for the hypertensive vascular disease is WAY too low and has already caused you significant organic brain damage due to the DMII and/or atherosclerosis....

But I am not a doctor,just a widow of a vet who they killed because they did not diagnose his HBP and vascular disease properly,until after he died.(AO IHD and AO DMII) and 1151 Stroke--which I could easily get SCed directly via CUE... 

You have not answered my questions above and my advice remains the same...get a real doctor , a real neurologist.

My husband had a VA neuro whose diagnosis of DMII was crossed out by the Cardio team at the Syracuse VAMC because they were trying to hide the cardio,stroke,  and HBP malpractice from the Bath VA. Their efforts failed. The Neuro left VA for private practice and gave me a brief but Very probative free IMO that Dr. Bash also incorporated into his  IMO ,

because a corroborating probative opinion from a real doctor weighs the scales heavily for us claimants...and against the VA.

I have no other advice

Greetings

Okay, thanks for your advice.

Best regards

Chiefhouse

Greetings

I'm still awaiting a BVA (Docket 11-12-911) and NOD (DMII increase) decision review on my service connected claims.  I know there is a backlog but I'm very hopeful that most if not all of my contentions will be favorable. 

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

DS - Disabilities 2016.PNG