VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hospital stay has wreaked havoc

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I would seek out another VAMC,

Just my opinion:

I Think her hubby needs medical care first thing and get medications and treatment before worrying about a claim....other wise she ''COULD'' be working  DIC 

As for a the NEW ADMINISTRATION I just hope the President Elect is Not Blind to the Fact that VA always covered them self  OIG is obviously  bling to that.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

OIG needs to stop letting  the VAMC's know when there coming for inspections, what happens the VA obviously has time to sweep things under the rug  and come out smelling like roses when OIG is there.

OIG Leaves= VA  wins , it has to be this way other wise the VA would be run a lot better and a lot of these bad  things would not be happening. 

Hopefully the VA employees will take notice and do the right thing because

Maybe the New President Elect  will have a new saying with for the VA  that he is famous for  ''YOUR FIRED'':smile:

Thank you both so much!

This is where is care is at right now:

This week we have marriage counseling at the VA. This is the first appointment. We are hoping to explain to the counselor that he needs individual counseling and maybe he/she can set that up. The psychiatrist insisted on marriage counseling vs. individual counseling because she kept saying we had all these arguments. But every argument we have is him accusing me of absurd things (his delusions and paranoia) and me just trying to convince him I am not doing these things. 

If not, he has his first GP appointment the next day. Maybe that doctor can set it up.

Then Friday he has his first Anger Management group. The psychologist that leads it is the same man that did his MMPI-2. My husband says that psychologist was good and was trying to help him. So if all else fails, hopefully he can get my husband into individual counseling.

We will also call the VA tomorrow to inquire about this Veteran's Choice thing. He doesn't even have a card, and I read online that they are supposed to have an insurance type card? So hopefully we can figure out if he can indeed pick his own doctor. You're right, Berta, that part doesn't make sense. They told us to wait 30-60 days, and the NP said it may take even longer. That's insane.

Barring all else, I had a friend recommend a psychiatrist that can get him scheduled in about 2-3 weeks. That's fast around here. So he can at least get an appointment there as long as they take his insurance.

I completely agree that him getting all the help he can is the most important thing. But I'm also trying to save our home and farm. I should have my professional license reinstated this week and then I will be putting in applications!

Gee I have a farm too but I had to sell my livestock when my husband had a stroke.He needed a lot of care.The livestock was my job and I was just getting to the point where we could possibly make a profit from it.

I am kind of surprised that he even had the Choice option and this indicates that he and not the VA can pick the doctor of his choice...if they participant in the choice program...

http://www.va.gov/opa/choiceact/

I dont recommend you involve congressmen at this point.  The Va doesnt really care about congress intervention.  Instead, get your records in order (file for a copy of your cfile), amend errors in your records, file a Nod with in a year of any denials.