VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval Status

Rate this question

Gyrlwolf

Question

So my claim moved to "Pending decision approval" phase today with a completion date now of 11/16/16-11/20/16. After only filing my FDC at the beginning of September 2016.  I wonder does that mean my increase request for my already service connected 70% PTSD was denied or approved? :unsure:  On one of the questions on my 10/2016 C & P exam "Which of the following best summarizes the veteran's level of occupational and social impairment with regards to all mental diagnoses?" (Check only one) She marked "Total occupational and social impairment". However I do currently work (although with much hardship which is noted in my medical chart notes) and my other symptoms seem to be a mixture of the 70% rating level that I already have and the 100% rating that I'm not at yet.  So I'm at a lost. :wacko:  Does anyone ever get a 80 or 90% increase instead of a full increase to 100%? :huh: Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Edited by Gyrlwolf
Forgot a word

The only thing you can really be sure of, your FDC stayed an FDC. You'll have to wait for the actual Award/Denial Letter, which could and probably will take a few months to arrive, after the actual Decision is made.

If there is any Retro $$ involved, you could expect a Deposit a few weeks or months prior to the Award Letter Arriving.

E-Ben seems to be on the stick, when it comes to Awards. My 12/??/15 Bump from 90 to 100% was on my E-Ben site by 01/03/16, that's Warp Speed. CU Txt indicating Big A$$ Deposit hit end of Jan, Award Letter didn't arrive till end of April.

Just be sure your Bank or CU Direct Deposit Account is set up to Txt & Email you in real-time regarding all Financial Transactions. If you were going for an SC Increase, check your E-Ben site periodically for an update to your current Rating, in the Rating Verification Letters. That's how I caught mine, Printing the E-Ben SC Letter for my State of MI, DAV Residential Property Tax Exemption.

Semper Fi

@Gastone-Thank you for taking the time to give me feedback. It's greatly appreciated.  :rolleyes:Accounts are set up for notifications as you suggested and am checking EBenefits as well in the letter area. Right now nothing has changed in my "disabilities" are or the "letters" area, so I don't know if that means they've denied my increase and are just going to keep it at 70% SC for my PTSD right now or if it's not going to reflect anything until the entire claim is completed. I've heard sometimes the letter part won't update until the claim is totally complete. Regardless, I'll continue my therapy and hope to one day get a hold on this madness, but a increase would show that they've acknowledged that my PTSD has worsened greatly.  :unsure: But I understand all the wording in your medical records have to be worded and documented almost perfect or they'll just kick your requests back. 

Could you post a redacted copy of your C & P DBQ?

Semper Fi

Good Morning everyone. I wanted to first thank everyone whose given me feedback and who've been here for support, even if just by taking the time to review my question. I wanted to share with you the wonderful news I got today. As of today I'm 100% SC for PTSD only, permanent and total, and am still employable. I'm still in shock and still trying to wrap my head around it all. Waiting for my information package in the mail, but spoke to VA representative today after checking on EBenefits and she confirmed everything. Feeling truly blessed. So for all of those out there still waiting, keep praying as I have and will continue to do, and don't give up. And never say never because your claim could be that 1 rare unicorn like mine that ends positively. :happy:

Well Done!

Semper Fi