VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval Status

Rate this question

Gyrlwolf

Question

So my claim moved to "Pending decision approval" phase today with a completion date now of 11/16/16-11/20/16. After only filing my FDC at the beginning of September 2016.  I wonder does that mean my increase request for my already service connected 70% PTSD was denied or approved? :unsure:  On one of the questions on my 10/2016 C & P exam "Which of the following best summarizes the veteran's level of occupational and social impairment with regards to all mental diagnoses?" (Check only one) She marked "Total occupational and social impairment". However I do currently work (although with much hardship which is noted in my medical chart notes) and my other symptoms seem to be a mixture of the 70% rating level that I already have and the 100% rating that I'm not at yet.  So I'm at a lost. :wacko:  Does anyone ever get a 80 or 90% increase instead of a full increase to 100%? :huh: Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  

Edited by Gyrlwolf
Forgot a word

@Gastone-Thank you!  So much.  I'm truly blessed. :happy: @Firewalker-No, I'm a nurse.  I've been working (although with great difficulty some days) since I've been in treatment.  I've been honest with them about working full time and the struggles, but was always encouraged to keep trying to socialize and not isolate myself.  And if it got too bad asked to be taken off the floor for a shift.  Which I did. I don't know what they're doing now.  But it's P&T and 100% strictly PTSD related so I'm just still in shock and blessed.  Maybe my case is the rare unicorn.     Whatever the reason they decided the reason they did I'm grateful.  And will continue my therapy, praying for myself, and others to have the same luck.  

Edited by Gyrlwolf
Forgot to answer both members

I don't personally believe in "Luck," in regards to VA Claims Awards. The Rating you received is what you are due and is the result of your determination and perseverance.

Be sure to avail yourself of all the "Scheduler 100% SC &/or IU T & P" associated Benefits. IE: State DAV Property Tax Exemption, VA (Under 65) Free $10K Life Ins policy, CHAMPVA , DOD Card Commissary privileges, State DAV Driver's Lic and Plate Fee Exemption. to name a few.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to review the VA SMC S (1), Statutory Housebound Rating requirements, for future reference.

Semper Fi

@Gastone-Sorry for the delayed response. Was actually in a therapy session. :happy: Continuing to try to tame this PTSD monster. And you sound like my therapist. She was like you've been dealing with this since 1996. She's like the decision made was well deserved. She wasn't surprised at the 100% just the P&T part. And that's because she says the VA tries to hold out on awarding that for PTSD but thinks they knew with my symptoms worsening it would've been unfair in my case. Thanks for all the info in regards to my new associated benefits. I'm clueless and look forward to my package to shed a light on my new benefits. Living in NJ a property tax exemption on my currently $8K a yr taxes will definitely be a relief! I'm glad I'll still be able to work. I'm a nurse and like being able to help others. But I'm smart enough to know when I'm having too rough of a time and will remove myself when needed. Thank you so much for your continued support. XOXO 

• HadIt.com Elder

I have the Plate exemption too, but here lately the VR (Vehicle Registration) office has been charging me 17.25  opposed to the 3.00 fee they use to charge!

and here in Texas we don't have an inspection sticker but we have to have  the Vehical Inspected before we get plates and there's a charge for that  mine cost on the vehical inspection was 25.00 $ and 17.25 $ for the plates...total fee 42 .25..so where is the exemption?

guess I shouldn't grip cost other wise is close to 100.00 bucks