VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unemployability compensation

Rate this question

stebarbar

Question

Im 10 % tinnitus,30% hearing and 50%ptsd for a total of 70% compensation. I wondering what chance I would have getting  compensation. I always worked in a business on phone or sales. my hearing  is severe and hearing discrimation is terrible along with everything come with PTSD. Thanks for your help again. Ptsd is combat related if it means anything

• HadIt.com Elder

Get your VR&E Counselor to write you a letter stating its not feasible at this time to retrain this veteran  due to his S.C. Disability's.....>  that will help you get the IU.

21-8940 Apply for IU  SOON AS POSSIBLE AND ASK FOR  P&T BE GIVEN TO YOU.

CHECK HERE ON HADT FOR THE INFORMATION USING THE TDIU FAST LETTER AND WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

https://asknod.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/fast-letter-13-013-001.pdf

I Believe you will be Awarded this benefit.

Edited by Buck52

Did you get the Denial Letter? If not, you'll need to reapply and see a New VRC. Happened to me 2012, my own fault only took 2 weeks to get the Denial Letter.

Semper Fi

7 hours ago, Gastone said:

Did you get the Denial Letter? If not, you'll need to reapply and see a New VRC. Happened to me 2012, my own fault only took 2 weeks to get the Denial Letter.

Semper Fi

You're going to get the IU Award and it will likely be, "T & P No Future Exams," due to your age.

Start thinking about filing for your State's "DAV Residential Property Tax Exemption," check with your City Clerk's Office. If your married, you have to file for CHAMPVA for the Little Lady.

Kind of "Last but NOT Least," start thinking of SMC S (1) "Statutory Housebound." Requirements are (1) SC Rated as 100% and 1 or more that rate Separably to a Combined SC of 60%. Regardless of what your PTSD SC is currently rated as, now that it got you the IU, it's considered "100%" for the SMC S (1) qualification.

As an "Old Dog Nam Vet," your lucky to only have PTSD and a Hearing issue. No Cardiac or Pulmonary issues? When's the last time you had a Stem to Stern Medical exam? 

Semper Fi                                                                                                                                                                        

6 hours ago, Gastone said:

You're going to get the IU Award and it will likely be, "T & P No Future Exams," due to your age.

Start thinking about filing for your State's "DAV Residential Property Tax Exemption," check with your City Clerk's Office. If your married, you have to file for CHAMPVA for the Little Lady.

Kind of "Last but NOT Least," start thinking of SMC S (1) "Statutory Housebound." Requirements are (1) SC Rated as 100% and 1 or more that rate Separably to a Combined SC of 60%. Regardless of what your PTSD SC is currently rated as, now that it got you the IU, it's considered "100%" for the SMC S (1) qualification.

As an "Old Dog Nam Vet," your lucky to only have PTSD and a Hearing issue. No Cardiac or Pulmonary issues? When's the last time you had a Stem to Stern Medical exam? 

Semper Fi                                                                                                                                                                        

Thanks again . Im not ready for smc since im not housebond  and i will check with state and county for benefits. My claim is with VFW  they didnt call me back ,so going get a face to face. I get a complete check by the VA and my personal Dr. no heart problem but have pulmonary and the VA gives me puffers. i know i have emphzema. You are a wealth of information and  really appreciate it.Semper Fi  ps I will let you know when I get it.