VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue Claim - TDIU SMC-S

Rate this question

fullcount15

Question

Last month I was awarded a 100% scheduler rating for my COPD.  I am also rated for traumatic arthritis right ankle – 20%, traumatic arthritis left ankle ankle – 20%, left foot pes cavus with arthritis and plantar fasciitis – 20% and right foot pes cavus with arthritis and plantar fasciitis – 20%.

I was also awarded Special Monthly Compensation (SMC-S).  I wasn’t aware of what SMC-S was so I did some research to understand the additional benefit.

Prior to my 100% scheduler rating I was awarded TDIU in December 2008 for my COPD (rated at 60%). In addition I also had the aforementioned SC ratings for traumatic arthritis right ankle – 20%, traumatic arthritis left ankle ankle – 20%, left foot pes cavus with arthritis and plantar fasciitis – 20% and right foot pes cavus with arthritis and plantar fasciitis – 20%.

After researching SMC-S benefit it seems as though I should have been awarded the SMC-S benefit when I was awarded my TDIU in December 2008.

What would be the best course of action.  CUE claim?  If so, can I submit a cue claim via e Benefits?

Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh that's ok Ms Berta..I understand  and you are right these claims are never easy...if veterans take the time to learn more about their claim and what process to use to get it right the first time  then a lot of the NOD back logs would/could be less  but we can't make the VA Read everything we supply to them so some NOD's Are obviously necessary. 

I learn a lot from you and your postings  you and Asknod in my opinion are the BEST we have here on Hadit  and I am so glad you guys are here...you can bet your britches I have a lot of your post saved to my computer  to  be able to go back and reference from time to time.

when we learn just one little thing can make a BIG Difference in helping a Veteran win his/her claim   and I ll always be grateful for your information  you give here on hadit.

God Bless you Ms Berta

God Bless You Too Buck and God Bless America and maybe He can shed some Divine Intervention on the VA too....

I do truly believe that changes are coming and VA has been sending out a lot of PR crap on how things will get better......yeah right.....

I think the VA is scared ...they have had Decades to make things better...in th VBA as well as the VHA....and have awarded incompetence with Bonuses....it all has to change,......

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh Yes me too Ms Berta

I hope we get a new VA Secretary that will stand up for all veterans & the candidate I have in mind is John B Wells.

I believe he will bring a much better reform to the VA.

In my opinion  it is yet to be seen or prove as to what the New President Elect will Do?....as for as getting this country back on its feet.

I hope and pray he makes this country ''Great Again''

I think the new Sec, whoever it might be, should go over all of the BVA annual reports to Congress. Those reports contain info on why we have the backlog and also the denial rates and show how the backlog has grown ,year after year.

Many denials could have been awards in the first instance ( as Many of us know because we fought back) but we deal with an arbitrary system and other denials are often only overturned when the veteran has to pay for a real doctor to opine on their claims.

What is wrong with that picture?

Everything......