VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where are my mdical records?

Rate this topic

if i left andersen afb(active duty/dod) and went to san antonio (va clinic). Would i need to request my medical records from andersen and san antonio va.

Or will the san antonio va have both records?

Also, is there anyway to get medical records from basic training. I was in basic in 2006.

You can google how to get your all your military records, it should show the website for the National Records Center, and a link there will take you right to the page to request your records, they should have all of them from your pre-enlistment physical at the MEPS station, till your exit physical at the end of your enlistment. 

But don't expect to get them over night, can take a few months.

Thank you andyman. A while back I sent off for my records to be retrieved from the NPRC. They sent me a letter back saying that my records arent there. medical or personnel. Any other ideas??

Edited by chomperjones

I assume you mean you sent them a SF 180 request.

When I did this many years ago to get my deceased husband's records, they sent me his Navy records but told me the USMC SMRs and 201 file was with the Buffalo VARO.

That is where the USMC records were supposed to be so I knew the RO had them.

Did they indicate where the records might be in the letter?

Somewhere here under a search is where military records might be found,if they are not at a RO due to an open claim or at the NARA.

Edited by Berta

I think I am wrong...the VA used to "retire" SMRs etc to a facility somewhere years ago, but they don't do that any more,......

I wonder if the VARO still has your records from the last decision they gave you.

Obviously with your 80% now, VARO Did have them at some point...and might still have them...

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think VA knows what they do with Veterans Records?  especially SMR'  (service medical records)& MSR (Military Service Record)

I know I've tried to get mine from NRPC in St Louis, they tell me  The  Army Review Board of Military Records Corrections  has them, Army Review Board tells me NRPC has them...so in between those two facility's , So I guess my Records are lost in space!

I did get my New CD Rom C-FILE  but unfortunately for me  my C-file don't have any of my service records/or missing?...which I need to prove my service dates and where I served while in the military.

for my DD-214 Correction