VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Rate this question

snake doctor

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Hey Doc,

Did you file for TDIU (Unemployability)?  Based on my experience and bouncing your symptoms against the ratings table, you should be at or near 100% for CFS alone and quite likely to be granted TDIU if that is what you are seeking.  But I'm not rating your case and I don't have access to the immense amount of information that your claims rater does.

Again, I'm not a VSO and I am just offering my opinion.  I can say your CFS exam went better than mine.  My C&P doctor didn't even do an exam and ignored all previous mention and diagnosis' of CFS.  Again, I am challenging the exam, the doctor's credentials and ability to conduct such an examine based on a GWI claim and the total lack of a physical exam.

The other thing I would do, particularly with the CFS, is request a "Permanent and Total" rating be assigned if you get TDIU or a 100% rating.  From what your examing doc states in your exam, your CFS has been ongoing since 2003 and hasn't shown any improvement and (maybe) none is expected.  It does not hurt to ask.  I asked and, for reasons I believe are less scrupulous than they sound, got a P&T rating.  Unfortunately they gave me P&T for PTSD and NOT my GWI symptoms.  I'm not happy with that and I am appealing all my physical claims so they get it right.

Good luck.  Let us know how things turn out!

Edited by sleeper692

Sleeper 692,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm trying to get P&T not TDIU. The doctor that did my examination was so damn nasty.. I had to check her twice on her attitude. At your next examination make sure you take all of your records concerning your CFS. Good luck on your upcoming C&P.

Thanks

Snake

I to would like to review the DBQ on your CFS exam as well, as a Gulf War Vet CFS and IBS are 2 of the major symptoms I suffer from. I was just awarded 30% SC for IBS and a 20% or more rating for CFS would put me over the top.

Thanks

Edited by 25Unifrom50
Mis-spelled words