VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Song

Question

No anything denied by the VA  and the PTSD award letter did not deny anything . He does not get SMC . He say the purple heart only is a honor no any money . This week we will go to hospital ,next week I will go to bank box to take the last decision and show you . 

Thank you Ms Berta for you time 

That is their rationale for the SC award.

I suggest that when you get the medical diagnoses for the heart condition, and also the exact type of lung cancer he has, that he file a new claim ,under Agent Orange, if they are all presumptive AO conditions,and that he add to it , separately whatever  the diagnosis is for the stomach disability and the jaw, teeth disabilities he has that are due to the PH incident.

This might possibly put him in to the SMC criteria.

If he should pass away during the adjudication of that new claim, you can substitute yourself as the claimant.

The substitution form is here but I hope that situation would be far away from now.

Ms Berta , I read this medical records , there are 500 pages that is difficult to see this diagnosis . I found there say : arteriosclerotic heart disease 10% service connected  , that means we no need to claim about this , is it right ? 

And "bronchogenic adenocarcinoma of left upper lobe of lung " or "primary malignant neoplasm of left upper lobe of lung "it do fall under that respiratory lung cancer criteria too ? 

Thank your time  Ms Berta 

Edited by Song

Some  Vietnam vets, exposed to AO,  do not have the type of lung cancer that VA will service connect.

I have not found anything that would indicate medically that this is a respiratory cancer and I found many claims for this type of cancer at the BVA web site, that were denied.

But there are many more claims there,some could have been awarded.

I am not a doctor and I think your best bet would be to ask his doctor is this is a respiratory cancer.

And  most importantly , ask his doctor if this cancer metastasized from the larynx cancer.

I would claim the residuals of his war wounds, also the larynx cancer and the IHD, and also add the lung cancer.

Some years ago a MOPH vet rep here in NY told a widow her DIC was 'in the bag" because her Vietnam vet husband died of lung cancer. 

But VA denied that claim because it did not fall into their respiratory criteria.I researched this type of cancer but could not find anything to help.....but I am sure not a doctor and his doctor would know.

If a non cancer metastasizes from a AO cancer Via medical evidence that documents this) ,then it can be claimed as secondary.