VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Song

Question

I found the widow here who I helped:

BTW, in the first radio show link above I did on Death Files I mentioned the REPS benefit...it is searchable here.

Like this widow,above, I too had a hell of a time with this benefit.The first REPS guy was swell and told me he had everything he needed to process the award,. Then he was moved to a different VA office and the second guy could not even read or understand the criteria for REPS.

The Office of Survivors Assistance ( not available when I filed for REPS) helped this widow because she was fully eligible for REPS and the VA REPS office had all of her paperwork already.

I think this benefit was about 20 thousand dollars to me.... none of my former reps understood it at all and it should still be a form attached to the DIC application.

REPS Restored Entitlement Program to Survivors ...

I dint know why I couldy reply to posts earlier but it's working now 

Thank you ms Berta and mr Gastone for all your help. I appreciate it. 

During the war he was hit by a bomb and he has a false chin and false teeth. He also only has parts of his stomach remaining due to the bomb. 
We don't have any of his diagnoses but we will be obtaining one from the doctor. I'm not sure if this is of help to us now. 

Is he being compensated for those war injuries?

Did he get a medical discharge?

Did he have a vet rep for the PTSD claim?

If so------------ these injuries should have been filed for long ago.

It isn't too late to file however..

As soon as you get his diagnosis on his heart condition and also the other cancers , he should file right away.

I dont understand why these Purple Heart  conditions were not listed on the PTSD claim......

this was obviously a major stressor so maybe VA was aware of them, but if not claimed, the VA only handled the PTSD part of the claim. 

Did he ever have any past claims that were denied by the VA?

Did the PTSD award letter deny anything? 

This is heartbreaking. ...if he has never been compensated for the war wounds...

These other conditions due to the PH incident could possibly be a contributing factor to whether he can recover from the cancers, so even if they are not AO cancers, and even if he does not have AO IHD, it is important to get these war wounds service connected, as they might be ontributing factors if he pases, regarding your DIC questions.

You also mentioned something about SMC

"Thanks you guys for the time .

and Mr  Gastone , again please if my husband pass away I will lose all pension including SMC S ?"

.....does he get SMC....

if so, maybe is this for the war wounds?

Can you scan and attach here the last VA decision he got as to what they awarded and why?

(Cover C file number, name, address prior to scanning it)

As great as the internet is, we are often confined to trying to interpret and understand posts here but that decision would tell us more. And an attachment of the rating sheet would help too.