Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
63Charlie

More Twists and Turns from the St. Petersburg VARO

Question

I had a C&P exam performed for my ankles by QTC in January 2016.

After the exam was completed, the examiner said he was service connecting me, but that I needed to go see a doctor and get a specific diagnosis.

Following the C&P ankle exam, I started treatment with a podiatrist.

My podiatrist examined me and diagnosed my medical conditions.

Next, I submitted this medical evidence to the VA.

The VARO will NOT allow me to see the results of my January 2016 C&P ankle exam.

All I see is the date of the exam, the doctor who performed it, and big, bold, letters CONFIDENTIAL", on My HealtheVet.

Today, I receive a call from the VA and they have decided to send me for ANOTHER C&P ankle exam.

I called the 800 number to get information and a rude VA employee hung up on me.

WTF

5 answers to this question

You really need to go to this new C&P..obviously the VA needs another opinion or more in detail about your condition? 

I would think if you never had a Diagnose for the first C&P this is why your having another one.

be sure and go tot his new C&P

You might try getting a copy of the QTC exam from VBA@VAMC if this claim was denied?  sign a FOI....

JMO

Edited by Buck52
  • Like 1

Ad

"After the exam was completed, the examiner said he was service connecting me, but that I needed to go see a doctor and get a specific diagnosis."

HUH? Obviously the QTC doctor was not qualified to diagnose a foot condition and should not have said he was service connecting you- that is not his job. For all we know he might have been a gynecologist

or an oncologist, or an neurologist....no wonder the exam is marked Confidential and you do need a new exam....I wonder if he even was a doctor if he told you to "go see a doctor".

Good, you saw a podiatrist..... maybe the diagnosis was severe pronation....or subnation....at least you went to a real doctor.....

sometimes I think I have seen it all......I hope that guy never gets VA ER duty...he might tell a VA  emergency room  patient ,having a heart attack , to 'go see a doctor and get a diagnosis'.:wacko:

• Like 3

Ain't that the truth Ms berta

I tell ya the VA is out to kill us veterans...hopefully this new administration will correct that???

and me/we veterans may get to live a little longer...but there is so much inappropriate behavior with our medical care at the VAMC its not funny & the C&P 's are stacking up  this is probably why we see such things as happen with this veteran.

Its getting to where veteran has to question everything the VA Does   and when it comes to our health that's exactly what I been doing.

• Like 3

The examiner was a PA-C.

Should I wear my ankle braces and orthotic arch supports when I go?

They both aggravate the pain in my feet and ankles so badly as I have swelling and tenderness in my feet and ankles.

I hurt so badly when I walk as I have chronic ankle sprain and it's going to be hell to walk the distance at the Lake Baldwin VA.

My doctor has given me steroid injections with no relief.

He prescribed oral steroids afterwards but they don't help.

Maybe I can get someone to wheel me in and out in a wheelchair.

Do I need to contact them so the VA can make arrangements to assist me?

I have severe over pronation with a flat foot condition.

Getting pain in my legs(shin splints) just the little bit I walk around the house.

Edited by 63Charlie

Yow-I have severe pronation myself and know how painful it can be.

"The examiner was a PA-C." Many PAs are good but this one didnt have a clue

"Should I wear my ankle braces and orthotic arch supports when I go?

They both aggravate the pain in my feet and ankles so badly as I have swelling and tenderness in my feet and ankles."

It would help if you could wear them because the swelling factor ,it they notice it, really means this is very severe.

Do you have a rollator? Or maybe you could call the VA to see if they would have either a rollator or wheelchair for you to use while there. Maybe someone could go with you as well. I go to the local VAMC from time to time and someone told me to grab any free rollator if I need one.The problem with that is that I might have to walk far to get one to use and then have to return it to where it was- 

but I always have a rollator in my car too....you might even need new braces. I get new braces almost every spring to keep me doing the weed wacking and such. I also wear a modified women's combat boot type of shoe for that stuff too.My neighbor showed me his othonics from the local VAMC. Cripes,they seemed useless.... very little arch support at all.

Mine cost about 600 bucks a pair from my podiatrist and neither CHAMPVA nor Medicare covers them.

That doesnt make sense when you consider that one out of every four seniors has a serious fall  every year. Often those falls are due to severe foot and ankle  problems.:huh: