VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I just received a C&P letter

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I just received a letter from the VA. It is a compensation and pension appointment scheduling instruction letter. The VA is asking that I make a C&P exam appointment. I have to make the appointment by calling a 1-800 number and leave a message, and they will call me within 24 hours. The issue I am having is I have only one day, this coming Monday to make this phone call. I guess the letter was delayed at the VA, because the letter is dated 18NOV2016, the postmark on the envelope is 22NOV2016 and I just got the letter yesterday. The letter states I must contact the VA by 28NOV2016. I am concerned that I will leave a message and no one will call me, then the VA will claim I never contacted them. Back in FEB of 2013, the VA denied all of my claims, they said I did not show up for my C&P appointment, I was never contacted about a C&P appointment, so needless to say I could not show up to an appointment I never knew I had. Now I am concerned the same type thing is going to happen.

My question is: How do I ensure I have proof, some kind of documentation to prove I contacted the VA in the time allotted by the letter I described above?

I only have the ability to leave a message at this 1-800 number, confidence is low that the VA will do what they are supposed to do.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

you might try to call today (saturday) if you get a recording then request the C&P Date...call back again Monday and request your C&P Again...call back in a few hours and do the request again   three times  total ,one out of the three should be confirmed .

call the 1-800#Monday or IRIS and ask if they got the request? and if they can give you a timeline on when you will be notified of the C&P?  ask the clerk or who ever you talk with to send you a email conformation of your discussion.

Keep calling until you get confirmation  or call your R.O. or maybe your VAMC ask if you have any C&P Dates coming up.

• HadIt.com Elder

I never had to call & make appointment for any of my C&P Exams? so this is a new one on me?

• HadIt.com Elder

Also make copies of your recieved letter  you recieved that they request you make your own C&P Appointment...those dates are important that is on the letter post marked...& could come in handy later.

What VARO is it-I might have a fax number for them....

is there any name or fax number on the letter?

Buck is right, that was my suggestion too, contact IRIS www.va.gov

Click on the Contact Us button , then click on Ask a question, then tell them what you told us...and of the steps you will take on Monday to make sure ,hopefully, they will respond with the C & P date.

"Back in FEB of 2013, the VA denied all of my claims, they said I did not show up for my C&P appointment, I was never contacted about a C&P appointment, so needless to say I could not show up to an appointment I never knew I had. Now I am concerned the same type thing is going to happen. " When this gets straightened out request a copy of your C file to see if the VA really tried to contact you in 2013.

They sure lie sometimes and if you prove they never contacted you in 2013 ,you might be able to get a more favorable EED if the claim is awarded.But that is way down the road......

Sometimes this is deliberate BS, in my opinion, and one way VA can reduce the backlog by denying claims due to no show at a C & P exam, that they never informed the veteran about.

It is sort of  the same way they juggled the waiting list books years ago.

I think VA is in a panic because they are going to get a new Secretary, hopefully someone who might really kick some butt. 

There are some great possible Secretarys....  Even Jeff Miller..although he is not a veteran  but he has been Chairman of the H VAC for years and sure knows where they hide their dirty laundry.

I just caught your other reply Buck.....yeah....that seemed very odd to me......the vet has to call to make a

C & P appointment?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Ms berta it is odd  veteran has to make their own C&P Appointment.

As for as not receiving a notice of a C&P from the VA ...This is where the VA has the advantage over the vet, because they can say they sent the letter...if veteran don't recieve it then its  hard for the veteran to prove that...for what ever reason that letter got lost in the mail or some one stole the letter out of the vet mail box.

VA DON'T CARE ALL THEY CAN SAY IS ''WELL WE SENT THE LETTER'' 

If they did  then it should be in his C-FILE...& BE A CRITICAL PART OF HIS EVIDENCE TO HELP SUBSTANTIATE HIS CLAIM AND A BETTER EED as you mention.

what they will probably do is send this veteran a new C&P.

Maybe this is something New for 2017? veteran call and make their own C&P Exam?

He could call a VA contractor like QTC...Unless special instructions to call His VAMC?