VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I just received a C&P letter

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I just received a letter from the VA. It is a compensation and pension appointment scheduling instruction letter. The VA is asking that I make a C&P exam appointment. I have to make the appointment by calling a 1-800 number and leave a message, and they will call me within 24 hours. The issue I am having is I have only one day, this coming Monday to make this phone call. I guess the letter was delayed at the VA, because the letter is dated 18NOV2016, the postmark on the envelope is 22NOV2016 and I just got the letter yesterday. The letter states I must contact the VA by 28NOV2016. I am concerned that I will leave a message and no one will call me, then the VA will claim I never contacted them. Back in FEB of 2013, the VA denied all of my claims, they said I did not show up for my C&P appointment, I was never contacted about a C&P appointment, so needless to say I could not show up to an appointment I never knew I had. Now I am concerned the same type thing is going to happen.

My question is: How do I ensure I have proof, some kind of documentation to prove I contacted the VA in the time allotted by the letter I described above?

I only have the ability to leave a message at this 1-800 number, confidence is low that the VA will do what they are supposed to do.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta and everyone,

Thank you for all of your responses.

All the VA letter has as far as contact information is listed below.

Compensation and Pension Staff

Clinic A

Veterans Affairs Medical Center

50 Irving Street NW

Washington DC 20422

202-745-8696

The phone number I am supposed to call is the same as listed above. (202-745-8696)

Hopefully something positive is changing at the VA, maybe the fact I can make my own C&P appointment is a sign of positive changes, or maybe nothing has changed...

All I could find is this….many phone numbers but no email addys.

http://www.washingtondc.va.gov/contact/phone_directory.asp

The main phone number is 202-745-8000 and they do have a Fax at 202-745-8530

Just to share with everyone, I called the number Berta shared and left my information on a voice mail with the VA. The VA called me back the next day and asked me what dates and times were good for me for a C&P exam. I made an appointment, they sent me a verification letter in the mail, I went to the appointment, my C&P appointment was on time, everyone at the VA was pleasant and professional, the appointment took about 20 minutes. The DR said the VA would send me a letter with the resultants of the exam. I have to say, it went much better than  I thought it would, now, I have to wait on the results. NOTE: I took copies of all past and current medical records, good thing I did as the DR was unable to connect to the medical records online, so she had to rely on what I presented to her. She said this happens all the time.

Thank you for everyone's help with this...

I am so glad that all went well for you.

It is pretty concerning that the doc said 'it happens all the time' as to being able to connect to the med recs on line......

I had a C & P exam thrown out once, for my husband, because the whole time we were at the VAMC (he was a VA employee so they had to do the C & P at a different VAMC then where he was employed)

I could hear the nurses looking all over for his med records. It happened to my neighbor too.His mother took him to the VAMC for a C & P exam and they couldnt find them until just as they were about to leave, his mother saw them in a small office right on some doctor's desk , took them out and gave them to the C & P doctor,who might have called the vet back into his office at that point.

Those were the pre -electronic record days....but I guess if VA can find a way to screw something up they will....I wonder how many times this happens to vets who don't even realize the C & P doc can't access their med recs and might never tip them off .