VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% PTSD Housebound question

Rate this question

Silent Uproar

Question

Hello everyone,

I was awarded 100% for PTSD and also SMC K and also housebound. I searched previous threads and didn't understand what they mean by housebound. I understand the SMC K. I know the housebound is because of the 100% PTSD, I just don't understand what they mean by housebound as far as if there is any additional benefits or restrictions. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The SMC K has nothing to do with being House bound at a 10% rating disability of loss of use of organ.(unless you have 6 ratings at loss of use?

The VA rater obviously read in your medical records that you were not able to get out and go places because of your S.C. 100% PTSD 

Housebound can be given to veterans that are confined to there home because of there disability physically or mentally. 

or meet the criteria for H.B. with percentage ratings with one disability at 100% or TDIU P&T And also have a separate S.C. Disability at 60% or higher Rating  that will meet the criteria for  SMC H.B S-1

This is a Mandatory Rating & usually Inferred.

Edited by Buck52

Housebound, Also known as SMC S, is good for an extra $347 per month.  You should check your numbers, and make sure it includes the extra for SMC S, and for SMC K.  SMC K, is about 102.00 per month.  

So, to check to see if you are getting the right amount, go to your number of dependents, and add a total of $449, if you are SC for both housebound and SMC K.  

On 12/1/2016 at 8:34 PM, broncovet said:

Housebound, Also known as SMC S, is good for an extra $347 per month.  You should check your numbers, and make sure it includes the extra for SMC S, and for SMC K.  SMC K, is about 102.00 per month.  

So, to check to see if you are getting the right amount, go to your number of dependents, and add a total of $449, if you are SC for both housebound and SMC K.  

Thank you for that because I am only receiving the extra 102.00 per month.  My award specifically states entitlement to special monthly compensation based on housebound and loss of use of a creative organ.

The next line says entitlement to special monthly compensation is warranted in this case because criteria regarding housebound have been met. 

I apologize but I guess I'm just confused about what I'm supposed to be receiving.

I have a spouse and one child

thank you for your help

Edited by Silent Uproar

100% for spouse and child is 3197.16.  If you add the 347 for SMC S (Housebound) and about 102 for SMC K, you should be getting about 3646 per month.  If this is not what you are getting, and you have a RO decision awarding same, then you should contact VA and request an audit of your pay.  

45 minutes ago, broncovet said:

100% for spouse and child is 3197.16.  If you add the 347 for SMC S (Housebound) and about 102 for SMC K, you should be getting about 3646 per month.  If this is not what you are getting, and you have a RO decision awarding same, then you should contact VA and request an audit of your pay.  

Thanks Broncovet

Looks like I am getting the right amount thank you all for the help.