VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would Calling Help Speed My Claim Up

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

The person rating my VA disability claim left his work phone number on one of the documents on a C&P Exam page.  Should I call them and ask them if they can speed my claim up?

I have filed for TDIU.  Based on the results from the C&P Exam it the boxes for 70 % were not checked.  I am waiting to hear back from the VA about scheduling a C&P exam for Sexual Dysfunction.  That is the last part of my claim that needs to be addressed.  However Christmas is coming up, I really need the money. 

Is it a good idea to call the person rating my claim and ask them to settle the TDIU part, and pay me (if and when) the sexual dysfunction part is approved.  I don't think that Sexual Dysfunction is going to make a huge difference in the claim or payout amount.  It would really help to have the money before Christmas. 

Or is there a better way to handle this.?  What about calling a congressional rep?  I don't think that calling the operators on the "800 number'" would be able to help.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with the other members here.

I don't think calling anyone will help speed up your claim  with the issues you stated.

Just be patient and wait like the rest of us have to do.

: you can check the status of your claim on e benefits.

Where, exactly, are you at on your claim?  Did you file a NOD in 2012?  A claim in 2012?  

You need to find out what is going on if Va has been playing tiddly winks with your claim for 4 years.  

Now, if you did not file..or you did not file a NOD, then you cant blame VA for that.  

But, if you filed, and returned all your paperwork requested (you have to read the letters VA sends you, sometimes they need a release of information or whatever), then 4 years is too long.  

Start putting on the heat.  After 4 years, I would email Robert McDonald, and ask him for a status on your 4 year old claim, and why its taking this extra time, when the VA promised to get all claims done in 120 days back when Shinseki was VASEC.  

It could be your claim got forgotten about.  It happens a lot.  Yes, you should be rattingl cages.  Send an IRIS email inquiring about your claim first, then email Robert McDonald if no response.  

With regards to a PTSD Rating, have you been administered the "MOREL" Emotional Numbing Test?

Looking at your DBQ, thanks for posting, that's a Neuro DBQ Request, not a PTSD. I don't think, could be wrong, that the C & P examiner "the person" was a Psychiatrist, do you know? A VA PCP or Neurologist, possibly?

2012 claim resulted in 40% SC. what the break-down DX wise?

Semper Fi

Hello.

I don't think that I was administered a MOREL test.  The person who saw me for the C&P was a Ph.D. I was relieved that he diagnosed me with having PTSD from my TBI.  Originally PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression were denied as not being service connected. 

I think the administration of the MOREL Test, at least from what I've been able to determine, is strictly a judgement call made by the PTSD C & P Forensic Examiner.

If for some reason during the course of the PTSD C & P, the Forensic Exam brings into question the voracity of the Vets statements regarding Triggers or symptoms, the Forensic Psychiatrist or Psyc PhD orders the MOREL to verify their observations and DX.

This is probably one of the main reasons the VA changed it's PTSD DXing Policy, in regards to only VA C & P Forensic Clinicians being allowed to make a Final PTSD DX. In days of yesteryear, Vets could get a PTSD SC with a non VA Psychiatrist or Psychologist's PTSD DX.

Semper Fi

CANT CHIME IN ON PTSD...... BUT,,,,, ONE THING THAT ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME TO SPEED MY CLAIMS UP THOUGH I CANT SAY THEY ENDED UP GRANTED.... ANYWAY... SPEED UP IS TO GO TO VA DOCTORS AND DEMAND A RECORD OF YOUR MEETING. IF THEY SAY NO THEN ASK FOR A DEMAND OF WHY THEY ARE SAYING NO. POINT IS WORK IT.... AFTER YOU DOC APPOINTMENT AT VA GO DIRECT TO RECORDS DEPARTMENT AND FILE FOR COPY... IT WILL TAKE 20 DAYS... THEN YOU GO OVER TO A FAX MACHINE AND SUBMIT NEW EVIDENCE.... ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO GET AN IRIS EVERY 10 DAYS ON A ADDITIONAL MEDICAL RECORD SUBMITTED....THEY GET SO SICK OF IT THEY GRANT OR DENY... BUT SPEEDS TIME UP. THAT WAS YOUR QUESTION.