VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO from Dr. Ellis

Rate this question

55BCooper

Question

Morning all,

I am new to the forum but been an avid reader and learner from the posts listed here on this site as well as other sites.

My situation, I was able to get an IMO from the Ellis Clinic plus an Nexus from the VA Dr.  and submitted in as a  new claim and was wondering what are my chances in winning. I know every scenario is different and I review the citations as well on BVA. 

Can anyone share their successes or disappointments?

P.s. Flores97 I emailed you :) I wished you well in your case. 

Sincerely,

Thank you. 

What type of nexus were you seeking?

Any IMO doc and/or a VA doc can make a positive nexus statement, but some nexuses need documented links to your service.

Hi Berta,

I did get the IMO and Nexus VA dr.  linking to my military services. Just wondering if anyone had success with IMO from the Ellis clinic. I am somewhat patiently waiting for the results from the FDC I filed It is in the Preparation for Decision right now. 

I do not want to go through the long ordeal with the Appeal process so I just filed as new with New Medical evidences. 

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the Major disappointments with veterans claims 

Some times no matter what type of evidence we send them.

if they fail to read it  or miss-read it,or say they don't have it or what ever reasons they give or say some off the wall crap like the evidence veteran submitted does not meet the criteria for this condition (denied)  vets can always NOD  but when this happens it sux. period

when submitting evidence with your claim  its always good to put on each page in (  ) with your claim#      that you have made all copies of this transaction) available on demand.

• HadIt.com Elder

55BCopper

You have your IMO & NEXUS this is good..any military records medical or service that helps you prove your claim will indeed help the rater &detailed lay statement from you.

depending on what your claiming, but it seems to me your FDC will be approved.

let us know how it goes.

HI Berta,

FDC filed in October. 

I got the IMO and Nexus in October for the following contentions;

Temporomandibular Joint Disease 9904 

Sleep Apnea Secondary To Lung Contusion 6845

Intervetebral Lumbar Disc Syndrome 5243

Headaches Secondary To Fracture Jaw 8100  to mentioned a few :) 

Good, as long as these are noted in your SMRs or are secondary to any established SC you have now, you should be OK.

The TMJ might sure be secondary to the inservice jaw fracture and I have seen vets with SC PTSD get TMJ secondarly service connected to the PTSD. I would think TMJ would cause headaches too,

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use