VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BvA letter

Rate this topic

allenwilliams42

Hello members:  I am currently 100% P & T as of Sep 2015.  I recently received a letter from the Board of Veterans appeals on a claims that was greater than 10 years backlog.  I got some good news and I was trying to find out based on their letter my effective dated for my bilateral radiculopathy was May 27, 2009.  My question is  does my 100% P & T stay with the  Sep 2015 effective date or will they adjust my effective dated to May 27 2009 with back pay.  Any comments with be grateful!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We can not tell your effective date from when you posted.  Your effective date is the later of when you applied, or when the doctor says you became disabled. (facts found). There are exceptions to this, tho.   When you get the letter, post the reasons and bases and we can try to figure out if you should appeal.  

• HadIt.com Elder

'' I recently received a letter from the Board of Veterans appeals on a claims that was greater than 10 years backlog ''

How long have you been rated at 100%

or did you just get the 100%P&T Back in Sept 2015?

was you rated 100%back in 09? and just got the P&T in Sept 2015?

Edited by Buck52

In regards to the questions:

How long have you been rated at 100%?  i RECEIVED A LETTER IN 08/2015 STATING MY 100% P & T IS  EFFECTIVE SEP 09 2015.  TWO MONTHS LATER I RECEIVED MY BOARD OF VETERANS APPEALS CLAIMS WHICH WAS ABOUT TEN YEARS BACK LOG STATING EFFECTIVE MAY 27, 2009, A 20 PERCENT RATING FOR BILATERAL LOWER EXTREMITY RADICULOPATHY IS GRANTED SUBJECT TO THE REGULATIONS GOVERNING THE PAYMENT OF MONETARY AWARDS.  MY QUESTIONS WAS DO I GET BACK PAY FROM BVA EFFECTIVE DATE OF 2009 WHICH i WAS RATED AT 90% AND THE BILATERAL 20% PUT ME OVER THE HUMP FOR 100%. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use