VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Turn-around time

Rate this question

jmccoy08800

Question

So, here's the thing. I got off active duty in 2012 after 6 years of AD. Since 2012, I was granted 40% for my dual knee replacement after getting injured in combat. Since I was only granted 40%, I had continuously submitted for PTSD disability as I'm treated for it and have been for 2 years now through a non VA psychiatrist. I've had numerous sessions within VA Mental Health regarding my mental state, issues, etc.

Now, about 2 weeks (Nov 2016), I submitted another claim after being denied about 6 times since 2012. I gave as much detailed information as possible. My symptoms, issues, etc.

This is the weird part. I've never seen such a quick turnaround. The claim is already in the  "Preparation for Decision" phase, with an estimated completion of Feb 2017. Could anyone elaborate on why all of a sudden the process is much quicker? I haven't received any appointment to have an evaluation and I'm just stunned. Does this have anything to do with Trump making changes to the VA? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks brothers!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta I don't think any of the congress folks have any clue how bad the claims process is or how bad the health care really is.

VA needs to be completely cleaned out and start over from the top to the bottom.

I hope president elect Donald Trump will do this.

Any body know of ''ANY'' prospects he has for Secretary of VA?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Since 2012  this veteran was approved for 40% for his combat knee injuries.

and denied 6 times for PTSD? 6 times in 4 years via BVA/CAVC...and denied 6 times...I never heard of that....for some veterans it takes 4 years just to get a decision.

Edited by Buck52

Yeah, that doesn't make sense.....combat injury and not PTSD????

"Any body know of ''ANY'' prospects he has for Secretary of VA?"

Petraeus , Jeff Miller, Pete Hegseth, John Wells....there might be more but I have not heard of any...

The first 3 have been interviewed by Trump.

John Wells would like vets to write or email  to their newspapers ,as a Letter to the Editor , and his team sent me a template, asking for support for him to be Secretary.I think they want me to post it at hadit.

Anyone here who reads my posts knows I have wanted Petraeus, since 2013 ,to square the VA away and I told the Trump Transition team why.

If anyone here is willing to  email or write to their newspapers,in support of John Wells....(and as a moderator Buck, if you think it would be appropriate to put it at hadit,) I will copy the email template and post it here.

Personally, I cant do it. If any vets who know me saw me sign a Letter like this (we only have one newspaper locally and I don't subscribe to it) they would think I gave up on Petraeus- not a chance.

Buck, if you email is open I will email the template to you- 

I forgot....Scott Brown and Rick Perry are interested as well.

Never mind on that template Buck.

Mrs Berta,  I believe I saw an article stating that Sarah Palin is one of the candidates for VA Secretary as well. 

Yes that is going around the internet.

Her son, she claims,  has PTSD and is an Iraq vet, but many say on the net that  he saw no combat.

He apparently had a serious domestic violence incident, and Palin said it was due to PTSD.