VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How long after DRO hearing

Rate this question

vlobo

Question

I filed a claim for SC of a fractured hip that I incurred while I was in basic training in 2003. I got out in 2006 and have always had pain but have been ignorant to the process the majority of the time I was out. In 2011, I went to an ortho for pain in that same hip. The ortho said I have post traumatic arthritis, most likely form the fracture, and he recommended me filing a claim. I filed a claim in 2012 and submitted all the documents from my private physician and my STRs, both discuss the hip. I was initially shot down because my private physician gave me poor documentation. I filed an NOD and finally saw a DRO in June of 2016, with new, more in depth documentation including x rays and MRIs. I still haven't heard anything and am unsure what to expect next. Benefits really doesn't let me see any updates on the status of the appeal. Any suggestions? The DRO seemed surprised when she saw that there was post traumatic arthritis and said she would definitely look into it. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Depending on how complicated your appeal was, not uncommon for DRO Award Decision to take 10 to 14+ months. Easy Awards and or Denials should take a shorter time.

Just be sure your Direct Deposit Bank/CU account is set up to Real-time Txt & email you regarding all financial Transactions. As of late, E-Ben actually had Award updates a couple weeks before the Retro hit. Award Letter can take a couple months after the Retro Deposit, to arrive.

Sounds like you did the DRO Hearing, Official version, Sworn in Recorded & Transcribed. Did the DRO ask you any leading questions, after you or your Rep started presenting your case. Did you come away with an inkling as to how the DRO was going to Decide? Did you sign off right away, regarding not wanting to submit any  further New & Material Evidence, thus waiving the 60 Day wait to expire.

Semper Fi

I had a feeling she was concerned with why the C and P examiner didn't order more tests. She kind of said something like "It says arthritis!?" in an alarming voice. She told me that she had to review the new documents and would make a decision. She made it clear that her decision COULD be to award some kind of rating, but that she could also ask for more exams. She did keep kind of going back to making a decision and giving a rating, but would quickly follow up with sending me for more exams. I didn't see her as a friend or anything but it did seem like she was concerned. Or maybe that's just me being hopeful.