VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Success today!

Rate this topic

missunderstood

Congratulations!! I applaud you,  you had the right attitude, perseverance and persistence. That gives me hope as well,  I am currently at 90%, I have applied for tdiu and I did ask for p&t as well since both my VA pcp as well as my voc rehab counselor said I was permanently and totally disabled. College is the biggest stress for me,  I have five children, and while my son has been accepted into the Citadel,  I have a daughter in college that I am helping currently,  and my middle son is about to graduate high school.  I've been waiting over a year for the NOD on tdiu ,  which isn't that long at all, and hopefully the letter from Voc Rehab will carry the day.  Again congratulations

@Flores I know it takes a lot of  stress away when you have children knowing that college will be taken care of. I have a soon to be 13 year old and a newborn on the way. I just needed the stress to be somewhat alleviated. I have been fighting with the VA since I left active duty. It took me 10 years to get to this point. It was nice to get back pay though..hehehe....but I knew that by now my PTSD was not going to improve. After several hospitalizations you would think they would have done it all on their own but not.

missunderstood,  I agree completely,  especially with you being hospitalized for ptsd. I have to admit,  that is definitely the most difficult time for me,  having to explain to my kids why I can't help as much with their college expenses as I should. I'm in urgent care at VA usually two to three times a month for lupus flares,  infections,  etc,  so there's mountains of treatment records lol,  I'm hoping to hear something soon. Again,  congratulations! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use