VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VAMC cut off my opiate meds

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Somehow my pain meds got lost during the shipping process by UPS.    I just don't know, but the VA refused to replace  the meds that were lost.   I told them that for ten years I had never had a dirty urine test or broke any of the rules for use of  opiates prescribed by the VA.   No dice even though I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms from the Oxycodone.    They would not lift a finger to help me in any way, shape or form.  So all you vets who may depend on the VA for pain meds just forget about it because they are just scared to adequately treat your pain and will stop your meds for any minor excuse.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John ,if you google VAMC nurse steals meds, much will pop up and some convictions from the VA OIG.

They tried to blame a medication error on the USPS years ago ,3 weeks before my husband died.

They could have killed a local vet too, whose name was on the med bottle.

The FTCA case I had revealed the med was at the dosage he should have been on for years.

VA resolved this 1151 HBP issue until last year.

It was the sudafed prescription ,however that VA agreed , had contributed to his death.

If this is a safety issue the VA OIG could look into it...but even if they wont consider it as a safety issue, they sure might want to try to find out what happened to those meds.

If you can contact the OIG, they might contact the VAMC they were supposed to be sent from and then maybe they might even show up.

When I raised hell at the local VA over the med error,the pharmacist told me there is a double check and inventory procedure daily on meds from the VA.

This means that the last person who handled those meds can be found.

http://www.va.gov/oig/contact/

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

John

I think a lot of Veterans are seeing an outside Dr   to prescribe their pain med's and use Med's by mail from VA to fill them.

I had some pain med's get lost in the US Mail system.

The postmaster at the POST OFFICE did an investigation and tracked it down to another town, it was put in a P.O. Box by mistake that person was contacted  and said they never received any such medications...so once it gets lost and someone else gets it  you can bet your booty they will be keeping it for them self.

VA would not renew the medication until it was time to renew...I just suffered.

Edited by Buck52

In the past, my hubby's meds have went missing three times. Once by UPS, we tracked it, and an arrest was made of a UPS employee who was stealing controlled meds by the bagful. Next was with the postal service. An investigator was called into find out how the meds just went off the radar. Surprise, meds showed up a few days later. Third time, the meds were totally missing. The VAMC can and should be actively tracking this FOR YOU. Turned out that time, the shipping label had came off the the meds went back to the pharmacy. Each time the meds WERE replaced. Stay on this for as long as it takes to figure out the last tracked location of the meds. You know the VA can and will use this in the future against you :(  Do you have to sign for your meds?? Make them prove to YOU where the meds were last and don't give up.