Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
sckfox

Need new attorny that can help with my claim, any referrals?

Question

My current "big name" legal team, seems to have forgotten about my claim and are too busy to return my emails. They've had my C-file for the last 6 months on a slam-dunk PTSD case. Is this a normal experience from those who have gone through this before?

I would appreciate referrals from anyone that's had a positive experience with an Attorney that get my case closed with the VA. Not sure what worse, the stress and effects of PTSD or the relentless grinding trying journey of getting awarded your claim.

Your help is appreciated.

The most embarrassing thing in Basketball is a missed Dunk. What you  do with attorneys depends on exactly where you are at on your claim.  If your headed to the BVA and it gets close to the hearing then changing gears will not help you as they still get paid. 

J

Ad

If it is indeed a slam dunk, why did you even need an attorney? A legal team and an attorney cannot speed up your claim. Just because you have an attorney does not mean that you can buck the line.

• Like 2

Check out this guy Greg Rada, Veteran turned lawyer.  Takes a hefty fee of 30% of your back pay.  Also, he only takes cases that he believes in since it is on contingency. If you signed any documents with your big legal team, I would think they would have made you sign something in the effect of if they did any work on your claim and you fire them they still get paid.

http://afterservice.com

As it see it, the main benefit of having a VA Benefits Attorney.......(1) they can go into Hearings with known cases of success for the disability being appealed and (2) they know the laws where we don't that can turn an appeal around.  I personally do not have a high regard for lawyers of any kind, but it seems without one the VA knows its legal team can just toy with you and hope you buy the BS and give up! I know some have done well without any legal help, but I will roll with giving up 20% if it means I have a better shot on appeals than acting in my own behalf, or resting my hopes on a useless VSO. 

Edited by Wayne TX

We VA agents and attorneys are, by law, are allowed to charge up to 33% but only for very complex cases. I feel uncomfortable with that and stick with the old 20% figure. If we "substantially prevail" in the clam, we can bill the VA $187.50 an hour for our EAJA fees which do not come out of the Vet's settlement amount. One thing many probably do not know is that VA also duns us $100.00 (handling fee) for withholding the 20-33% .

• Like 1