VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wait time

Rate this question

Justhappytobehere

Question

FDC Decisions seem to be taking 4 to 6 mos, Reg A$$ Claims, depending on number of issues and complexity, can take over a year.

What type of claim did you file? How about posting a redacted copy of your C & P DBQ (s?), help us get a grip on your situation.

Semper Fi

Given that only about 15% of first time claimants are awarded benefits, you need to understand there is a high degree of probability that you will have to appeal.  

Currently, VARO claims take about a year (sometimes a little less), and appeals to the BVA are about 5 years.  

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  Of course, you can talk to your VSO who may tell you 125 days.   He probably also would have told you Shinseki will elimate Veteran homelessness by 2012, and may sell you ocean front property in Kansas, too.  

With all that said, you could be one of the lucky ones who get benefits in weeks.  Its very rare, tho.  

Edited by broncovet

6 hours ago, Gastone said:

FDC Decisions seem to be taking 4 to 6 mos, Reg A$$ Claims, depending on number of issues and complexity, can take over a year.

What type of claim did you file? How about posting a redacted copy of your C & P DBQ (s?), help us get a grip on your situation.

Semper Fi

I don't have a copy of my c@p exam. I went on my healthevet but did not see how to access it

When you go on your MHV, go to BLUE Button. Do you know approximately when your C & P Exam was held, it was at your VMC, right?

1.  If so, click on the "Customized" for your download.

2. Then put in the approximate Dates of your Exam, allowing about 2 weeks after the Exam Date.

3. check the box for Treatment Notes (Clinician Treatment Notes).

4. Don't check any other Boxes, additional info will just get in your way.

5. Hit the Submit Button. If your C & P Exam was held at your VMC since about 01/2013, your C & P DBQ should be in your Treatment Notes.

In the event that you still don't see it, visit your VMC Medical Record Office, they'll hook you up. Ask the window clerk for just the copy of the  C & P DBQ. While your there, ask for your complete VMC Med Record on CD, always helpful for future reference.

Semper Fi

SEEMS LIKE NOW A DAYS..... YOUR TIME STARTS WHEN YOU SUBMIT... THAT BEING SAID,,, 2 MONTHS TILL YOU GET A CP EXAM... AFTER CP EXAM ITS 3 WEEKS TILL THEY VA GET RESULTS AND WRITE UP A STUPID LETTER... GRANTING SMALL OR DENIAL. SO AFTER CP ID SAY ITS ABOUT 6 WEEKS. IVE HAD MINE WITHIN 2 WEEKS AFTER CP EXAM.

ANYWAY,,, KEEP FIGHTING... YOUR FIRST STEP HAPPEND BE PROUD!!!! YOU SHOULD HEAR A RESPONSE IN FEBRUARY OR NO REASON TO BE LATER THAN EARLY MARCH.... DO NOT FORGET TO APPEAL. 

Edited by paulcolrain