VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T I can't get an appointment or treatment.

Rate this topic

I had my last VA cardiologist appt 8/14. at that time I was told the Doc wanted to see me in 4 months. Never happened! I routinely went to the Pacer clinic every 6 months and assumed the Doc. that was there was my cardio doc, until he asked me " WHO IS YOUR CARDIOLOGIST?" WHOA ? I thought you were!

Ended up with a Televidio appt and after being shoved aside for 1 1/2 years I refused! ended up with a Triwest appointment with the best local Doctor in the area! Alls well that ends well!

My experience has been just the opposite, as soon as I was rated 100% I felt the VA med folks really stepping up their game.   I went to the VA dentist office for the first time today, I asked for a referral on Thursday, got a call on Friday and had the initial appointment today.  I get my teeth cleaned tomorrow, and 2 cavities filled in March.

It was the same for mental health, referrals for optical, prosthetics, etc.

Edited by green

• 10 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Same here. Fighting them for 18 years about everything, now the VA doctors are shocked I am alive. Too crazy.