VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO Hearing to QTC Exam to Awards Letter

Rate this question

kentorambo

Question

"I currently have an lawyer representing me and is very fimiliar with the VA system. I currently have  DRO assigned to my case. I had a hearing with the DRO on (Aug 29, 2016). I had a QTC Exam for PTSD on (Nov 16, 2016) with the word "EXPEDITE" in Big Bold Red Letters." 

Now that the Exam is done, how long before you think I recieve any papers on the decision. Its Now Been Exactly 5 weeks.

This the response I received. "No one can tell you how long the DRO will take, but based on your information about expediting it, a guestimate of within 3 weeks may be sound. Once the DRO makes the decision, internal preparation to prepare your paperwork, any retro pay (if you are not retired) etc have to be completed because you will be issued a Rating Decision. If only a partial grant of sought benefits occurs, then the DRO would also have to prepare and issue you a Statement of the Case (SOC) explaining the reason and bases for the decision(s) which you received. Keep in mind that mailing time could result in about a week for a SOC, and about 2 weeks for a Rating Decision" 

Does this sound about right ???  Ive recevied nothing yet and no changes on eBenefits.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wayne Tx

It's hard to say on a DRO Time line as  how long.

each veteran is different. and it depends on when the veteran submitted his NOD Request for the DRO Hearing/Review.

Normally they take a first come first serve bases but that's not all ways true..some times the DRO is sick/or on vacation or on leave and it delays things...they usually get another DRO that is not famiular with the veterans case...this delays things too...Bad.

Some DRO's get eazy cases claims  and have 3 or 4 hearings in a day....its just hard to guess a time line when a veteran will get his letter from his R.O. for the Approved DRO Hearing.

Years ago I had a DRO Hearing  After I filed my NOD request (2002) Vietnam claim)  For the DRO Hearing at my R.O. (Which is same as yours Waco Tx) I got my letter about a month later  for the Hearing  date  it was 2 months later after I revived the letter from Waco R.O.

however now that so many veterans are filing claims  from the Gulf Wars...this time line is way beyond what I had...it could be 6 months to a year or longer or so before a veteran gets his chance at a DRO Hearing or Review.

If a veteran is waiting for a DRO Hearing date....just keep checking with his Rep or call the 1-800# from time to time...we can't rely on e benefits.

Waco Tx Is one of the most busy R.O. in the nation  so very hard to figure out a  DRO Hearing time line.

their simply over whelm with Claims.

Thanks Buck for the info........I always remain curious about that particular time span.  I filed NODs (several) in May 2016 and asked for my C-File, too.  I have not heard a word yet from anyone about when I might receive my C-File, but I figure it'll be sometime this Spring as I read somewhere it is now taking 9-12 months just to get C-Files..  I am glad they got to your NOD so fast back in 2002. That dog don't hunt anymore on the Brazos. It seems the backlog now on Waco DRO Hearings is running 15-18 months from the submission date. I do not know even if that info is reliable or just some wishful thinking by someone.  Like you said hard to figure out a time line. HAPPY NEW YEAR BUCK!

Edited by Wayne TX