VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO Results

Rate this question

Prettypantha

Question

Hi Comrades,

Would someone please give their insights on what they think about the following IMO:

Sorry for the longevity of it and thank you!

IMG_3024.PNG

IMG_3025.PNG

IMG_3026.PNG

IMG_3027.PNG

IMG_3028.PNG

IMG_3029.PNG

IMG_3030.PNG

IMG_3031.PNG

IMG_3032.PNG

IMG_3033.PNG

IMG_3036.PNG

2 answers to this question

What is the 30%  SC for now? Is it for the migraines?

The IMO doc diagnosed somatic symptom disorder, which could be associated with the migraines...but I did not see that mentioned in the IMO....the BVA has some cases whereby  Somatic Symptom disorder was found secondary to SC disabilities, characterized as part of other SC MH disabilities.

The IMO doc seemed to have the ER Certificate dated 1984 from the Army Health service clinic...

What was the diagnosis on that document?

I didn't see specific reference to any entries ,other than that one,that might have been  in your SMRs.

Did this doctor have a copy of your complete SMRs and also your personnel file?

I was a little surprised to see such a long IMO  yet without any specifics as to your military records.

I will re read it all again but hopefully others will chime in.

What was the claim actually filed for....somatic symptom disorder as a secondary condition?

I didn't not see the secondary condition mentioned nor the medical rationale for it,except for the last page where the doc said as likely as not and checked Secondary.It is a lot to read.

The doc had "available" medical records.....what records did he mean?

Edited by Berta
1 hour ago, Berta said:

Hi Berta

Thank you for responding! The 30% is for pes planus.

My appeal have three contentions which are conversion disorder, migraines and cervical radiculopathy. 

This IMO suppose to be for the conversion disorder. I'm currently diagnosed through VA as having adjustment disorder. 

He went on to say that my symptoms are more of somatic symptom disorder rather conversion and that it's secondary.

My SMR/CFile/VA treatment records were available to him. The diagnose on the 1984 document was conversion disorder, as well as entries of being seen at Schofield Barracks Mental Health Clinic. This date is where I was hospitalized at Tripler Army Hospital and got diagnosed there. My thing is that there are numerous documents pertaining to this diagnose.

I do not know if he is saying secondary to migraines or not!

I can see a lot of your points and am wondering myself now. Thank you so much!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use