• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

I am gratefull for this site but its been a long time since i've used it but its harder for me to navigate with all the adds.. i really like the old format just my opinoin.. anyway i am currently living in jamaica and not very well... my family is in freezing chicago but i am getting a ticket i really am having a hard time adjusting to life with my new wife here in jamaica.. i am curious about travel reinbursement.. i dont care anyway but that is the reason i'm coming back the holidays combined with alot of other stress.. i really need to get to a va and if i go home i can staay with family to help with cost.. does anyone know how this works? its fine if i cant i just remember getting travel reinbursemtn in us.. again this site saved my life when i was in a bad place.. and contiinues to.. thank all of u.. u have no ideal how bad i was and sometimes still am.. god bless the people that keep the good fight up

Ad

I'm not sure I understand your question?

As for as travel pay VA only pays a  qualified  veteran to and from his VA Medical Appointments.

Now if your living in Jamaica  VA Should have an Out Patient clinic in that country?

If your needing travel pay to leave Jamaica For Chicago...I don't think you will get that from the VA?

Jamaica does not have a va if you read the travel requirements it states to the nearest va that is in miami florida.. My family lives in Illinois.. The only foreign va is in the philippines.. there is a foreign medical program that reinburse me for service connected disabilites only.. but I need to go to a va hospital.. So i dont think more or u know the answer hopefully someone does will post. thanks anyways

Edited by adkins7b

I have already bought the ticket.. they dont have the va they have a foreing medical for just service related stuff and some of the medication they dont cover plus mentally i'm not doing good at all.. i would leave tomorroe but i dont even have a winter jacket or clothes for chicago i'm leavein in a week i bought the ticket.. but i just remembered about travel.. its fine either way but i'm coming for that just the holidays really got me and my jamaica shrink just doesnt get me i feel or knows how to help me..plus i dont feel comfortable with him.. its too much to type i bought the ticket already its fine either way.. thanks for any help

sorry I'm not much help  you may see if this link will help.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/PERSONA/veteran-abroad-contact.asp

Maybe someone else can chime in.