VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Worried About My FDC - NO C&P Exam Offered

Rate this question

chomperjones

Question

so my claim was submitted on 12/12/2016.

I submitted for bipolar/depression (reopen) and tinnitus (new). I sent it in as an FDC with all my evidence.

I checked ebenefits on 12/21/2016 and the status is already showing preparation for decision.

Is this normal? I haven't even gone to a c&p exam, I haven't recieved any correspondences or anything.

For the bipolar depression it is a reopen because when i first filed in 2011, I missed my appointment.

After I missed my appointment, the VA sent me papers (back in 2011) saying that they see that i was treated for depression during active duty. but since i failed to show up to the appointment, it was denied.

So now i've sent a ton of new evidence that supports my claim and they've reopened the case. But does the speed with which this is progressing means that i am being denied?

As noted below, ebennies is showing that the va rep has already made a decision, in less than two weeks. With no exams or anything... What does this mean... Is this normal? have i been denied? Is there a phone number i can call?? im freaking out.

Here's what ebenefits show:

Estimated Completion: 01/24/2017 - 03/04/2017

The Veterans Service Representative has recommended a decision, and is preparing required documents detailing that decision. If more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence

They did not require anything from me (no C&P) when I filed fdc for reopen my PTSD. It got approved in like a month to a month and half. Just depends on your evidence really. 

Edited by missunderstood

Patience is definatel needed when it come to VA Claims. FDC submitted 12/12/16, way too early to be getting nervous about no contact or Award or Denial.

Could you elaborate as to why it's taken you this long to file the FDC? Most Vets, myself included, tend to procrastinate.  2011 to 12-2016 is way past procrastination, whats up with that?

If more Evidence, ends up being needed, your FDC will become a Reg A$$ Claim. If that's happens, Pack a Lunch. How long did it take to get your 80% SC, no FDC's back in 11?

Semper Fi

5 hours ago, Gastone said:

Patience is definatel needed when it come to VA Claims. FDC submitted 12/12/16, way too early to be getting nervous about no contact or Award or Denial.

Could you elaborate as to why it's taken you this long to file the FDC? Most Vets, myself included, tend to procrastinate.  2011 to 12-2016 is way past procrastination, whats up with that?

If more Evidence, ends up being needed, your FDC will become a Reg A$$ Claim. If that's happens, Pack a Lunch. How long did it take to get your 80% SC, no FDC's back in 11?

Semper Fi

Yea you're right it is very early.

What had me so nervous is that it went to prep for decision so quickly. 

I've filed about 6 times since 2010, and in each case i recieved multiple letters, to included exam scheduling - BEFORE it went to prep for decision.

This was my first FDC claim so things could be different. 

All of my other claims took a year or more start to finish. So i was dug in and ready for the wait. And thats what im going to do now... otherwise ill drive myself crazy.