VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will Anything Get Done This Week?

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

Hello,

I am waiting on a TDIU claim.   I was recently awarded SSDI, and I submitted my acceptance letter to strengthen my TDIU claim.  I have been told that my claim is in "Preparation for Decision" (or something like that).

My question is this; Would it be uncommon for a regional office to process a TDIU and award it?  I know that all claims are different.  I'm just wondering is it common for VA regional office employees to take time between Christmas and New Years off.  I know that in many other government agencies this is the norm, but is it true for a VA regional office?

4 hours ago, Okemos_Veteran74 said:

Hello,

I am waiting on a TDIU claim.   I was recently awarded SSDI, and I submitted my acceptance letter to strengthen my TDIU claim.  I have been told that my claim is in "Preparation for Decision" (or something like that).

My question is this; Would it be uncommon for a regional office to process a TDIU and award it?  I know that all claims are different.  I'm just wondering is it common for VA regional office employees to take time between Christmas and New Years off.  I know that in many other government agencies this is the norm, but is it true for a VA regional office?

No, it's not uncommon depending on the circumstances.  If you don't have a doctor's statement stating you're unemployable.  I think you're in for a fight.  I believe the doctor should be a VA doctor that can enter the opinion straight into your VA medical records.  The problem is getting a VA doctor to make the statement.  It took four years and continual treatment with my VA doctor.  Before, I asked him for just such a statement to support my claim.  Three months after submitting his letter to BVA a favorable decision was rendered.  The decision was granted for TDIU P&T.  JM2C Good Luck!  I don't currently have the docket number but, i'll Try to find it for your review.

Something must be moving this week I went from gathering of evidence to preparation for a decision. Maybe that means something but it's the first time this claim has been there I'm just waiting for a kickback in the next few days.

Good luck jfrei.  My claim also went from gathering evidence to preparation for decision in about a week.  I have been told from the "800" number that the VA has everything that they need to make a decision. 

MPsgt:  Thank you for your input.  I think that a VA doctor's letter does help a claim.  I was fortunate to have my VA doctor write a letter for me stating that I could only work 20hrs per week.  Then I have a letter from Chpt 31 stating that because of mental health issues (i.e. : service connected) that I was unemployable at this time.  I also have a letter from the state rehabilitation agency stating that I am unemployable at this time.

Be careful about suffering from the "have been told's".  

We "have been told" it will take 6 weeks for VA to process my claim. (by VSO's, usually)

We "have been told" that shredding no longer happens that VA put controls in place so it wont happen any more.  

We "have been told" that you can not get housebound if you leave the home for a Housebound exam: If you made it to the VA, then you are not housebound, right?  

We "have been told", by the media,  that Hilary Clinton will be the next president.  

We "have been told" VA will eliminate Veterans homelessness by year 2014.  

Im pretty sure these "have been told's" are all wrong.  Every one.  I am skeptical of the "have been told's".   Feel free to add your "have been told" to the list of stuff we have been lied to.  

Edited by broncovet

On December 28, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Okemos_Veteran74 said:

Good luck jfrei.  My claim also went from gathering evidence to preparation for decision in about a week.  I have been told from the "800" number that the VA has everything that they need to make a decision. 

MPsgt:  Thank you for your input.  I think that a VA doctor's letter does help a claim.  I was fortunate to have my VA doctor write a letter for me stating that I could only work 20hrs per week.  Then I have a letter from Chpt 31 stating that because of mental health issues (i.e. : service connected) that I was unemployable at this time.  I also have a letter from the state rehabilitation agency stating that I am unemployable at this time.

any change today