VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My PTSD C&p Exams Length

Rate this question

Krod2

Question

Hi guys. Just a little insight. I served in the Navy 09-13, separated then began treatment for anxiety, depression, and insomnia. My medications caused me to sleepwalk and fall into slumbers exceeding 48 hours. Loss of memory day to day, tremors, and my feeling of being out of control led to anorexia. I lost my children for a month after trying to cook dirt on my stove in my sleep and nearly burning the house down while my husband was deployed. I was placed in a naval mental health facility and diagnosed with ptsd, bipolar one disorder, and the previously mentioned conditions. After submitting my claim 17Jun2016, I was scheduled for a C&P 26SEP2016. I attended the appointment ( iarrived late because I was given the wrong address) But it only lasted less than 15 minutes. Is that a bad thing? I felt everything was a bit vague. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"my stressor was reported in the media nationwide. I'm still waiting on my SSDI decision but I was told my case is being expedited. "

If VA awards solely for PTSD that is great evidence for your claim.

I have never had any C & P examiner read the entire medical record.These were not my C & Ps, they were posthumous C & P exams for my dead husband , who of course could not speak for himself.I had to fight all of them to win.

Your stressor was in the media......interesting....my husband relayed an incident at the VA in Newark as he waited for them to arrest him ( which they never did) to another vet who came into the room.around 1982-83.

The vet kept asking him details on the stressor and then  told him who he really was-VA Newark's head psychologist.

The incident had been in all nationwide papers here but the VA psychologist was also a Vietnam vet who was called to the incident in Vietnam and treated some of the Marines right away, because of the horrific nature of what they had to do.The psychologist immediately diagnosed him with PTSD and wrote a buddy statement due to the details that only the few Marines who volunteered for the incident, knew of and this doctor did too,and someone helped him formally file the claim.

Years later when he went into the PTSD 21 day inhouse program, he had so many stressors listed that I dont know if they kept the first stressor or verified anything else. We had ,by then, proof of them all.

BTW he was 30% Sc for PTSD ,with a claim in for higher rating, until he filed for SSDI and SSDI awarded him solely for PTSD based only on his VA medical records.

Unfortunately he never saw his 100% P & T SC for PTSD award.

VA told me the SSA refused to release his SSDI info. It was a lie.

They awarded almost 3 years after he died.

Make sure they know of and obtain the SSDI award.

Edited by Berta

Geez, I am glad I re- read what I posted:

this was wrong:

"If VA awards solely for PTSD that is great evidence for your claim"

I apologize...what I meant was if SSA awards SSDI solely for the PTSD this is great evidence for your VA claim. The VA might even have to use a SSA date that could be very favorable to you.

But that is a complex issue, explained here somewhere...

Then again, a 100% SC award from VA could also spur a SSDI award.

Either way, it looks like they have made a decision at VA.I hope you get a good decision soon!